Thread: Ubuntu 9.04; Inspiron 1252; blender display all screwed up

Beans

Ubuntu 9.04; Inspiron 1252; blender display all screwed up

This error happened after I upgraded to 9.04 - blender's display now bugs out (looking something like this: http://imagebin.org/60904) Large sections of the UI are missing, letting whatever windows are behind them show through. Moving the view around leaves little lines everywhere.

At the time of the upgrade, I got none of the symptoms everyone else was complaining about - no 2D slowdown at all. Just blender. There may have been other apps likewise affected, but I haven't used them since.

After this upgrade, I pretty much abandoned Ubuntu in disgust for a while, and used a desktop PC for work. I think I may have tried some of the online fixes, but I'm pretty sure I'd have undone them all when they didn't work. I'm afraid my memory's rather foggy.

Anyway: has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix yet? I'm soon to be deprived of my desktop and so this is getting rather urgent.

As stated in the title, I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 upgraded from 8.10 on a Dell Inspiron 1252 laptop.
    Last edited by evilkillerfiggin; August 24th, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 9.04; Inspiron 1252; blender display all screwed up

Shall I take it, then, that no one else has had this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu 9.04; Inspiron 1252; blender display all screwed up

I'm gunna bump this thread.. also having the same problem (On a HP 530) and would appreciate any suggestions for a fix.