Thread: After uninstalling kdm gdm only works failsafe. no exec line in the session file:kde

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

After uninstalling kdm gdm only works failsafe. no exec line in the session file:kde

I am a gnome user. I Wanted to try out kubuntu desktop so i installed it on top of gnome-desktop. However, I did not like it so I removed it using the command I got from psychocats, but now i can not log into gnome, only failsafe works. Is there something I can do. i am using Jaunty. I may have removed some files from the gdm while uninstalling kdm. the error: no exec line in the session file:kde. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I searched the forums for the error message and even tried reconfiguring x-org and deleting the .kde folder in /home but to no avail. thank you for your help

regards.
    [/SIZE]

Beans

Re: After uninstalling kdm gdm only works failsafe. no exec line in the session file:

Hey, i am having the exact same problem, is there a solution or should i bite the bullet and reformat.

Beans

Re: After uninstalling kdm gdm only works failsafe. no exec line in the session file:

never mind. If anyone else stumbles upon this thread with the same problem, this fixed it

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

Beans

Remove file ~/.dmrc

That's all..