Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I did was log out!

Beans

[SOLVED] All I did was log out!

Then I selected GNOME for my session type. I had never installed GNOME. Some limited GNOME desktop comes up with no way to log out so I can pick my KDE session again. No terminal either. Just some desktop shortcuts, dolphin is among them. How can I set the default session from ctrl-alt-F2?
    Last edited by n2stc; August 23rd, 2009 at 04:15 AM. Reason: solved
    Everything is NOT relative.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: All I did was log out!

ctrl + alt + backspace will "log you out" and allow you to choose your session and log in again.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blueshogun View Post
    ctrl + alt + backspace will "log you out" and allow you to choose your session and log in again.
    I wish it was so. ctrl + alt + backspace does nothing, & hasn't since I upgraded to jaunty. Thanks for the reply though....

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You have to wait about a half second in between each key press.

Beans

CTRL + ALT + DELETE...and you really should go with Ubuntu...I found that KDE is not as reliable as the Gnome desktop.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zachk18 View Post
    CTRL + ALT + DELETE...and you really should go with Ubuntu...I found that KDE is not as reliable as the Gnome desktop.
    Thanks. That gives 4 choices. Sleep, Hibernate, shutdown & restart. No log-out. I install gnome trying to cure this (about 1/2 hour) but can't select it as a session.

Beans

Hmm....do you have a live cd version of ubuntu jaunty? if so you could do a fresh install of that and then install KDE if you like it so much. or just a KDE disk by itself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zachk18 View Post
    Hmm....do you have a live cd version of ubuntu jaunty? if so you could do a fresh install of that and then install KDE if you like it so much. or just a KDE disk by itself.
    I do, but I was trying to avoid wiping everything out.

Beans

do you have a portable hard drive? to find out the usage of your hard drive type this command in the terminal then post the results. "df -h" WITHOUT QUOTES!!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

try this Key combo I believe it does the same as what ctrl-alt-backspace used to do

alt-sysreq-k

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast