Thread: need help with an sd card

Hybrid View

Beans

need help with an sd card

ok i have an issue and you guys are the only ones i like enough to ask to help my mom just came back from greece to visit her sisters and she had taken a series of photos the problem is i think the sd card is damaged in the upper right of the photo there is supposed to be a piece of plastic that seems to have broken off when i plug it into my sd card reader it doesn't recognize the card, and neither does the camera anymore plus i had used the same sd slot recently so i am pretty sure it is not the card reader, the copper contacts look ok on the card but is there any way i can pull the photos off of the card or am i boned?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: need help with an sd card

if it's just a bit of the plastic that's broken off the side of the card the copper contacts probably won't line up to the contacts in card reader's slot any more,do you have a similar sd card to compare it against,from your pic it looks to me like one of the contacts has been broken off

Beans

Re: need help with an sd card

that makes sense, it kinda freak worked when my mom tried it, so we are copying the pictures before something goes wrong again thank you, i love you guys