Thread: Jaunty crashes?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Jaunty crashes?

Does anyone else have any issues with Ubuntu Studio 9.04 32-bit crashing? I know it's not a problem of resources. I'm running a Core 2 2.8 GHz with 4 GB of RAM.

For some reason, at least once a day, my system just freezes, and I have to manually restart everything. Most of the time I'm not even doing that much. Running Rhythm Box, Firefox, Skype, and maybe downloading something. Never fails, just crashes. Heaven forbid I try to run some sort of production software (which is why I got studio).

Should I just cut my losses and go with Ubuntu 9.04 instead? Or maybe drop down to Hardy Studio? I'm not sure if it's just unstable or what. Any help would be appreciated.

- Thanks

"The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." - Mark Twain

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Jaunty crashes?

yeah, i have the same issue... i switched from ubuntu 9-04 to ubuntu studio jaunty, and every now and again the thing just freezes... so uh yeah, if anyone could shed some light on the possible problem, that'd be awesome
    AMD Athlon X64 1.90GHz
    2GB RAM
    nVidia GeForce 7000M

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I don't think anyone has any sort of idea about this. Not sure why. I switched to plain ol' Ubuntu, and It's run close to perfect. No crashes. I'd suggest just using Ubuntu, and installing all the free programs they include through the repositories. It's a lot easier than dealing with the crashes.

"The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." - Mark Twain

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

no doubt about that... i just wanted to test out Studio...mainly for the audio editing suites and all but hopefully someone has a fix for this
    AMD Athlon X64 1.90GHz
    2GB RAM
    nVidia GeForce 7000M