Thread: runescape says java is disabled?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question runescape says java is disabled?

no matter what i seem to do, runescape says java is disabled, or not installed.
    I am not sure if someone else has had this problem, but if you have, and you have been able to fix it, please let me know.
    i have tried looking through all forum issues to see if someone has had a problem similar to this, but i have not come across anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: runescape says java is disabled?

Mine is working fine. I used to have that problem though, but I think the fix I used was before they redesigned the website. If you can find where to change the java settings, that's what you need to adjust. I'll try and look for it.
    ~ Sanity is the sign of an unused mind.
    ~ I poked a badger with a spoon!

Beans
    Distro

i do not have the slightest idea on what to look for.
    im still kind of new to linux.

Beans
    Distro

alright, i have it saying my java is installed. turns out i did not have "icedtea" installed. not sure what its supposed to do, but i saw someone mention it and thought id give it a try. now, it will basically say "ok java is installed" and it will take me to the world selection screen, but when i choose a world, it says at the bottom what its loading, and when it says "done" i only get a grey box. any more advice?
    note, most of my problems are finally starting to fix. but im still having slight trouble with java, and a slight trouble with my Disc drive, but im going to try and get a new disc drive and see if that helps that.

Beans
    Distro

grey screen now.

alright, i have it saying my java is installed. turns out i did not have "icedtea" installed. not sure what its supposed to do, but i saw someone mention it and thought id give it a try. now, it will basically say "ok java is installed" and it will take me to the world selection screen, but when i choose a world, it says at the bottom what its loading, and when it says "done" i only get a grey box. any more advice?
    note, most of my problems are finally starting to fix. but im still having slight trouble with java, and a slight trouble with my Disc drive, but im going to try and get a new disc drive and see if that helps that.

Beans

Re: grey screen now.

Try installing sun-java6-plugin with Synaptic, or try this link: click

If that doesn't work, maybe try this (it's never failed me): http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=914871
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD