Thread: Ubuntu LTSP dhcpd.conf problem !

Beans

Ubuntu LTSP dhcpd.conf problem !

Hey,

I am having this problem,i installed Ubuntu 9.04 alternative edition and installed the LTSP server on virtual box, and everyting is fine and working but i am having problems with the DHCPD.conf in the folder /ect/LTSP/dhcpd.conf and i am trying to edit and it wont let me save it back and is there a way to do it under terminal with root access? because i have tried. I can open the file and edit it but it wont let me save it back!. so if anyone can tell me how to open it in terminal or something so i can save it and replace the old file then that would be GREAT!

Police512.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Ubuntu LTSP dhcpd.conf problem !

Does no-one know the problems because i've tried it again
    and it doesent boot from ethernet! and ive configured the ghcpd.conf file and it still dont work!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu LTSP dhcpd.conf problem !

Depending on which editor you use, try sudo nano or gksudo gedit from command line. There's also a way to open a GUI editor with sudo privileges, but I haven't used it, and don't remember how.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad] [Sub-forum]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Re: Ubuntu LTSP dhcpd.conf problem !

Hey,

Thx for getting back to me, i tried gksudo gedit from command line and that didnt work i got a error saying something (i cant remember 100%) that it wont save back to the original file because of some reason, but i'l try the other one, thx

Crash,