Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Jaunty Wine is not working

bump #3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That is a dodgy website. Stop bumping the topic you moron.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Jerriy View Post
    How did you came to that idea? Do you have a specific reason to assume that there is or there might be a virus involved? If there is go ahead and inform us if there is something you know that we don't know. Cuz last time I checked all I did was put a link to a website with Microsoft video on it, and last time I checked that that is a normal activity for anyone here (not to mention that everyone here is on an open-source disc operation system that is supposedly Microsoft-virus-proof.
    I hope this will close the thread. I do not think this is an issue with WINE. I have a segregated "virus" machine, and the website requested activex controls codecs be installed to Firefox, and attempted to do so. In case those reading this don't know, Firefox does not use activex. I am pretty sure this is proof that having Ubuntu just saved your butt from a massive virus issue. To anyone out there, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have no choice but bump this thread until I get some explanation as to what on earth is going on. This is after all ubuntu's equivalent of helpdesk. I'got ubuntu in my system and I want an answer. If you (stillious) are incapable of answering a question in a non linux-geek way then stay away from my threads.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by epsolon77 View Post
    I hope this will close the thread. I do not think this is an issue with WINE. I have a segregated "virus" machine, and the website requested activex controls codecs be installed to Firefox, and attempted to do so. In case those reading this don't know, Firefox does not use activex. I am pretty sure this is proof that having Ubuntu just saved your butt from a massive virus issue. To anyone out there, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK.
    Well well - finally somebody is talking straight.

FYI I got on to the site directly from inside Youtube so I had no reason to assume that the site is not kosher. That's why I came here to ASK. Thank you epsolon, for finally explaining that. I assumed that I needed to tweak wine.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jerriy View Post
    I have no choice but bump this thread until I get some explanation as to what on earth is going on. This is after all ubuntu's equivalent of helpdesk. I'got ubuntu in my system and I want an answer.
    Demanding an answer here is not something you can do. The forum is a great place for getting help and assistance from an army of unpaid volunteers, if you want to demand " ubuntu's equivalent of helpdesk" go buy a support package.

If you (stillious) are incapable of answering a question in a non linux-geek way then stay away from my threads.
    Why are you complaining ? That's exactly what he did do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post

Why are you complaining ? That's exactly what he did do.
    In his defense he had posted his question shortly after mine had posted, so he probably did not have the option to read my response before posting his.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12