Thread: vsftpd loggin errors

Beans

vsftpd loggin errors

I've been trying to setup vsftpd for a couple of weeks on and off and I still can't get it to work.
    I have a simple set up: vsftpd and samba, I have 2 cards plugged in one has static ip for clients to log in using TLS/SSL/FTPS and one is dhcp connected to my network (window xp boxes) can get to shared folder /srv/ftp and drop files that clients can get their files from.
    If I use ftpcommander to try to log in I get error "500 OPPS: vsftpd:both local and anonymous access disabled!", I'm able to log in using Winscp & Filezilla but can't seem to jail users to their home folder /srv/ftp, with any user I'm able to get out of home and can see and download any file anywhere within server (big security risk) but can't upload into any folder except home. What am I'm doing worg?
    Here what I have enabled in /etc/vsftpd.conf
    chroot_local_user=YES
    chroot_list_enable=NO
    anon_upload_enable=NO

Re: vsftpd loggin errors

Quote Originally Posted by brown_ghost View Post
    I've been trying to setup vsftpd for a couple of weeks on and off and I still can't get it to work.
    I have a simple set up: vsftpd and samba, I have 2 cards plugged in one has static ip for clients to log in using TLS/SSL/FTPS and one is dhcp connected to my network (window xp boxes) can get to shared folder /srv/ftp and drop files that clients can get their files from.
    If I use ftpcommander to try to log in I get error "500 OPPS: vsftpd:both local and anonymous access disabled!", I'm able to log in using Winscp & Filezilla but can't seem to jail users to their home folder /srv/ftp, with any user I'm able to get out of home and can see and download any file anywhere within server (big security risk) but can't upload into any folder except home. What am I'm doing worg?
    Here what I have enabled in /etc/vsftpd.conf
    chroot_local_user=YES
    chroot_list_enable=NO
    anon_upload_enable=NO
    Try using SFTP, The FTP protocol is a mess and dousen't work well with firewalls, FTPS is an even bigger mess.
    im dyslexic, please don't comment on my spelling
    blender 3d artist, visit my portfolio
    Quad-Ren, Open source, resolution independent 2D graphics engine
    Screen space is a precious resource, don't waste it