Thread: Beginners Guide for Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Beginners Guide for Ubuntu.

Does anyone know of an absolutely beginners guide, not to Ubuntu but to computers in general with a ubuntu/gnome slant?

I'm giving a relative a laptop with ubuntu installed as their only requirement of it is "the internet". I figure in the long run it will be less effort/cost that installing/paying for xp and waiting for the inevitable "it's bent over backwards with viruses" call.

To be honest because my relative has absolutely no experience with windows I figure they're far more likely to take to ubuntu than from a windows background.

If there's none, I'll throw a quick text files on their desktop with things like install software, opening/saving documents etc.

As far as I can see these things are more straight-forward than windows anyway.....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Beginners Guide for Ubuntu.

Here is a guide to how to use Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html
    Please mark completed threads as [SOLVED] (if it's ever fixed), it makes helping others easier.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

There is http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/ , not sure how much prior computer knowledge one needs for this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thank you very much!! this is exactly what I was looking for!! you guys are awesome...