Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Timeline 4810TG on Jaunty - ATI Driver

Beans

Question Re: Acer Timeline 4810TG on Jaunty - ATI Driver

Hi everyone,
    I am new to Ubuntu and am having a bit of trouble trying to disable my discrete graphics on my Lenovo U33o, I don't understand how to install the script. I cant figure out how to save it. I see there is a package that will install it but i cant figure how to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Beans

Re: Acer Timeline 4810TG on Jaunty - ATI Driver

I am trying to implement the Lenovo-code as suggested by jacktow in his "GOOD NEWS EVERYONE"-post. I am doing this on a fresh install of Karmic (Ubuntu 9.10) on the Acer Timeline 4810TG.

As I run the following code:
    Code:
    make
    sudo cp lenovo_acpi.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/
    sudo depmod
    echo lenovo_acpi | sudo tee -a /etc/modules > /dev/null
    ...everything seems to work fine. I only get an output from the 'make' command, the rest are silent, but with no errors.

Output from Make:
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/build M=/home/jollyroger modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic'
    Building modules, stage 2.
    MODPOST 1 modules
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic'
    None-the-less, there is no effect upon restart. As i run 'lspci' both the ATI and Intel devices are running.
    Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong? or any similar experience?

Note - this is my first time doing any 'make'-stuff, and if there is any essential setup-procedures or packages needed to be installed in orden to use 'make' - that could be the problem...

Beans

Wink Re: Acer Timeline 4810TG on Jaunty - ATI Driver

Just try
    modprobe lenovo_acpi
    or insmod /directory_where_is/lenovo_acpi

Normally, ati card chould be off (check with powertop and lspci)

Beans

Hello everyone again,
    Is there any one who can give me detailed instructions on how to install this code on my lenovo u330, I really need help I am missing something along the way I cant disable my ATI graphics card and my battery life is horrible, I am very new to Ubuntu and detailed instructions would be helpful thanks again.. I have searched up and down but i cant figure it out..

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wdwd View Post
    Hello everyone again,
    Is there any one who can give me detailed instructions on how to install this code on my lenovo u330, I really need help I am missing something along the way I cant disable my ATI graphics card and my battery life is horrible, I am very new to Ubuntu and detailed instructions would be helpful thanks again.. I have searched up and down but i cant figure it out..
    Is the u330 lenovo's equivalent of the timeline? Don't really know the model

If it is this script might help. It didn't do me much good, but people with ATI graphics in their timelines did post it makes a difference.

Beans

It didn't work but thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it.

Beans

Question Re: Acer Timeline 4810TG on Jaunty - ATI Driver

Hi everyone!

I have another timeline from acer, wich is 5810TG Core Solo with both Intel & ATI Radeon HD 4330 card, with 512 MB internal.
    Does anyone know if there is a stable graphic driver in the repos yet for the Timeline series?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch_parmesan View Post
    I've tried bios 1.07, 1.10 and 1.11. 1.07 supports selecting the integrated adapter. No problem flashing the bios. I used freedos running from usb and the dos flashing program included in the bios file on the acer site. Had to use 2 flags to the flashing program because i had a newer version, and it didn't want to downgrade unless i forced it to.
    what flags did you use on the flash program to force it to flash to an earlier version?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jacktow View Post
    what flags did you use on the flash program to force it to flash to an earlier version?
    I don't know, but /? is often the help flag, though sometimes it's /h -? or -h. If not, try running the .exe without flags or other instructions (like what BIOS file to use).
    Last edited by miegiel; February 8th, 2010 at 09:30 AM.

Beans

Is there any way to use the discrete ATI video, and to switch between the ATI and intel video?
    I have similar problem with ATI video in my new HP tm2 laptop...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast