Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNR 9.10 looks great

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: UNR 9.10 looks great

Crashing regularly for me on a fresh install on an Asus Eee PC 1005. Can't work out why - can be brought back by Alt-F1 sys preferences, which reverts to standard desktop option when it happens it seems.
    Does look fine when it work though! Is it going to be standard behaviour to revert to Favourites after coming back home from an application? I'd prefer if after, say, using Update Manager, I remained in the System tab after closing the app.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yes, it looks great! I still see some blurry icons (although it's not as many as UNR 9.04). Come on Canonical, replace the blurry icons - it looks SO unprofessional!

About Moblin, I think there was a Gobby document saying that nothing will happen until Karmic+1 (which makes sense).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by MadsRH View Post
    Yes, it looks great! I still see some blurry icons (although it's not as many as UNR 9.04). Come on Canonical, replace the blurry icons - it looks SO unprofessional!

About Moblin, I think there was a Gobby document saying that nothing will happen until Karmic+1 (which makes sense).
    I agree, it looks great. Far better than 9.04. I agree with MadsRH though, very unprofessional to have blurry icons like that. Also quite annoying. At least they are working on it, so it seems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

The panel still looks like a flat piece of crap... For such an important part of gnome it gets no visual love
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans
    anyone knows if the final release will add full support to the hp 2133?having really tough time with the beta version...but as fas as i know the video and the WiFi drivers for any linux system are a pain in the ***...still looking for a working tutorial...i allready tried 8.10,9.04,9.10 beta but no luck so far...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

At least the last time I installed Karmic Netbook Remix (admittedly a while back) there was no direct access to the user Home folder. I had to click on one of the other folders (Downloads, Videos, Music) to gain access to it. They should add a Home option in the Folders section as was available in 9.04. Sorry if this has already been done in later versions.

I will say that I like Netbook Remix a whole lot more than I do Moblin Remix.

Later...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

That sure is sexy!

Beans

I am going to get my kids a couple of netbooks. Does this work on ATOM processors?

I will not raise children on winblows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHammer View Post
    I am going to get my kids a couple of netbooks. Does this work on ATOM processors?

I will not raise children on winblows.
    Yes, ATOM is the most common CPU in the current breed of netbooks with 9-10" screens, and UNR is ideal for those.
    I've been very happy with UNR 9.04 on eeePC 1000.

Just a few annoyances, like screen brightness jumping back to 100%
    if you don't use the keyboard for a while.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Those blurry icons spoils it for me.
    Linux User# 462909

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast