Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any dog owners here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: any dog owners here.

Quote Originally Posted by t0p View Post
    I have a 4 years old American bulldog bitch called 'dd' after the renowned *nix utility. She's a real handful, being big and strong and excitable. I got her as a rescue dog a couple of years ago, and she's calmed down a heck of a lot since then. But she's still very hectic. Loving and lovable, but hectic.

A couple of pretty pictures attached.
    i had to take care for an American bulldog for six month once. they are nice animals. i liked it very much. i think the first picture could be a great wallpaper or avatar.

great photos. give her a bone and say hi from me
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Two Dogs here. A major part of our family.
    The oldest, Nestle, is half chocolate lab and half stray. He was from the shelter. The best most grateful dog I have ever owned. He will put himself between my family and a stranger without them even catching on. I am certain he would protect them to the end.

The other is my blue healer(Australian cattle dog). She is very ornery but loves us all. She babies my son like her own. Also she won't let a squirrel within a block of my house.
    Good enough to get myself in trouble.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have a German Shepard we found at the SPCA as a 9 month old. She is scared of men, we are guessing because her previous owners were using her as a bait dog and dropped her for dead on the side of the road with her throat torn open. They stitched her up and made her into and it, then we adopted her.

My 5 year old takes the dog everywhere she goes to make sure there are no ghosts hiding in the next room. I taught her that so I wouldn't have to get up every time she wants to go play in another room. The dog isn't trainable. At least not by me. If I approach her wrong she will wet herself.

She is well behaved though and gets very territorial when a hispanic male comes around. I guess we know who was beating her when she was a pup.

She does seem small so we think she may be a cross breed with a Belgian Shepard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: any dog owners here.

I belong to a 7 year old yellow lab and a 3 year old black lab they take me for a walk morning and evening. and at 70 it is hard walking these mountains but they insist.
    M

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by running_rabbit07 View Post
    I have a German Shepard we found at the SPCA as a 9 month old. She is scared of men, we are guessing because her previous owners were using her as a bait dog and dropped her for dead on the side of the road with her throat torn open. They stitched her up and made her into and it, then we adopted her.

My 5 year old takes the dog everywhere she goes to make sure there are no ghosts hiding in the next room. I taught her that so I wouldn't have to get up every time she wants to go play in another room. The dog isn't trainable. At least not by me. If I approach her wrong she will wet herself.

She is well behaved though and gets very territorial when a hispanic male comes around. I guess we know who was beating her when she was a pup.

She does seem small so we think she may be a cross breed with a Belgian Shepard.
    this is a very sweet looking dog. her background story makes me very sad . but i can see it has a very good home with you. it looks fine and well and its hard to imagine such background story. all i can say is that i wish the very best for you and the dog. and thanks for taking care of her.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cmay View Post
    this is a very sweet looking dog. her background story makes me very sad . but i can see it has a very good home with you. it looks fine and well and its hard to imagine such background story. all i can say is that i wish the very best for you and the dog. and thanks for taking care of her.
    It is sad that the feds are finding all these dog fighting rings. Our dog was definitely a victim from it, but yes she has a good home now. She is a great dog.

BTW, I also have a green parakeet and a spoiled rotten cat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by running_rabbit07; August 15th, 2009 at 12:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have a 2 year old red dobe that is my best buddy..

The great thing about him is the later I stay out the more excited he is to see me.... he thinks I am hilarious and fun when I have had a couple of drinks and he never complains if I leave the toilet seat up...

LOL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by running_rabbit07 View Post
    It is sad that the feds are finding all these dog fighting rings. Our dog was definitely a victim from it, but yes she has a good home now. She is a great dog.

BTW, I also have a green parakeet and a spoiled rotten cat.
    cute cat. its a good picture of it. i suppose does the dog and cat get along.

when i was a kid we had a dog that slept with a bunch of our cats kittens . i have a picture in my old album of it. i dont have them digital . but we used to keep the kittens inside and the dog more or less took care of them. most cats we had was outside and more or less just wildcards but we had many of them and many was also used to humans. the kittys was important to tame so they did not edn up being wildcats . it was a fun sight when the dog shared his food and bed wiht the kitttens i remember. that was a golden retriever by the way.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cmay View Post
    cute cat. its a good picture of it. i suppose does the dog and cat get along.

when i was a kid we had a dog that slept with a bunch of our cats kittens . i have a picture in my old album of it. i dont have them digital . but we used to keep the kittens inside and the dog more or less took care of them. most cats we had was outside and more or less just wildcards but we had many of them and many was also used to humans. the kittys was important to tame so they did not edn up being wildcats . it was a fun sight when the dog shared his food and bed wiht the kitttens i remember. that was a golden retriever by the way.
    When we first brought the dog home she was jealous of the cat. Now she only chases the cat if we say kitty when the cat is visible. For the most part the cat stays upstairs and the dog stays downstairs. The cat will just lay there halfway up the steps screaming at the dog while she runs around barking. The dog hates the bird. I had it in the cage carrying it through the house and she tried to eat the cage.

Beans
    Hidden!

Nope, I don't own a dog.

My cat won't let me have any pets.
    Have you ever found something in the second-to-last place you looked?
    If it seems like I am ignoring you, perhaps I am.
    world:~ mike$ rm -f /earth/united_states/washington/redmond/M$ █

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast