Thread: Issue with Lindy USB 2.0 Audio Adaptor

Beans

Issue with Lindy USB 2.0 Audio Adaptor

Hi all,

I have just dual-booted my computer with xp and ubuntu 9.04. I recently bought a Lindy USB audio 2.0 adaptor and it works beautifully with xp. I was hoping that it would work for ubuntu as well. I have seen at least one website selling the item advertising the fact that it does work with linux. I'm new to linux though and not really sure where to begin.

Does anyone know how I can get it to work? It seems to be recognised as a sound card but when i play something sound only comes out of the laptop speakers and not the surround sound system which the laptop is plugged into.

Thanks a lot.

Beans

Re: Issue with Lindy USB 2.0 Audio Adaptor

Hi,

I'm Chris from Lindy Tech support.

Although we do not offically support this under linux it does work as we have tested this ourselves on a ubuntu machine

I think the problem lies in the fact you need to change the device your sound it output to. Windows does this automatically but I don't think ubuntu does.

Best Regards

Chris

Beans

For info - I just bought one of these for my Ubuntu 12.04 setup.

Plugged in and it "just works". You simply select the new 'Speakers' option that appears in the sound settings.

Note I'm using it as 2 channel analog as I had a need for headphones and I'd stupidly bought an amp without a headphones socket. I don't think you'll have any joy if you need the more advanced features as this would require a driver.

But if you just want an additional 2 channel audio out, this works fine.

Beans

I can confirm it "just works" with Ubuntu 12.04LTS