Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sitecom WL-302 v1.001

Beans

Re: Sitecom WL-302 v1.001

Quote Originally Posted by kboarder View Post
    I had the same problem, hope this solution works for you.

You have to blacklist rt2800usb driver. It seems the wrong one is loaded cause it should be the rt2870sta.

These steps should do the trick!

1: gksudo nautilus

2: go to: /etc/modprobe.d/

3: gedit the: blacklist.conf

4: Add this line in it:

blacklist rt2800usb

5: Safe the file, and restart system.

Hopefully it connects to your router.
    Hi there.

I used this sollution on the 9.10 version of ubuntu and it worked fine. Thanks for that. But... I upgraded to 10.04, same problem but the solution doesn't seem to work. In both versions after installing the wireless adapter (sitecom wl-302) didn't detect my wireless network. After modification of the blacklist.conf file as indicated under 9.10 it worked fine. However under 10.04 it detects the network but it fails to connect. It doesn't seem to recognize the WPA password. As it worked fine before a hardware problem seems not plausible. Do you or somebody else know a solution for this new problem??

Thanks in advance

Beans

I have the same problem, however there is a workaround. By changing the authentication type of your router in wpa tkip, instead of wpa2. This is not a perfect solution, but I find it better for the time being than a wire through my apartment

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by purno View Post
    I have the same problem, however there is a workaround. By changing the authentication type of your router in wpa tkip, instead of wpa2. This is not a perfect solution, but I find it better for the time being than a wire through my apartment
    This worked immediately, thanks Purno!

I wonder if somebody comes up with a better solution because WPA TKIP is supposedly a less secure encryption.

Greets, tkn1955

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12