Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Les Paul has died.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Les Paul has died.

Les Paul was one great guitarist. He was so technical in his playing, but had a talent of not showing off or sounding like a technical mess.

The guitar he invented changed the face of the blues and rock genres forever. His style of playing influenced those who influence great guitarists of the modern day.

The Les Paul isn't a guitar for me, but the Gibson Custom Shop Black Beauty version looks beautiful and plays as marvelously as it looks.

I've got a '67 Korina Flying V, but that's the only Gibson. I play metal (Necrophagist, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Racer X) so I'm not influenced terribly much by him, but damn was he fun to listen to.

Rest in peace, Les Paul. The whole world mourns for you.
    US Army Band Veteran
    Bodybuilding Crew

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Les Paul has died.

Heres a picture of my les paul (Very large resolution so heres a direct link)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...4/IMGP0602.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Studio edition. Cherry mahogany, no (lacquer) finish. Its a testament to simplicity and beauty in my opinion. You don't need flash to have a beautiful guitar.
    Happy geeks are effective geeks!
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3.0ghz), Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, 3GB Crucial DDR3-1066Mhz RAM, XFX ATI RadeonHD 5750 1GB GDDR5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12