Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Realtek rtl8192e wireless not seen

Beans

Arrow Re: Realtek rtl8192e wireless not seen

Greetings,

I have a Samsung R463 notebook bought in Shanghai, which apparently seems to be otherwise sold in Russia only, at least this is my impression after extensive googling.

The Realtek 8192e inside works fine under Windows XP out of the box, whereas Windows 7 needs the driver from the Realtek website.

Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit identified the device correctly, but no driver from the Realtek website worked after correct compilation.

I had a great response from Realtek about the issue, phantastic support. They e-mailed me the updated 64-bit driver source after a few days. This driver worked on an updated version of Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit, however, it required manual start every time.

After extensive experimenting resulting in a clean install of Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit, it now works flawlessly.

e-mail Realtek support for the driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Unhappy Re: Realtek rtl8192e wireless not seen

My Ubuntu 9.10 (64-bit) crashed and error when booted with wireless turned on after I installed the windows driver with ndiswrapper.
    While I haven't receive email reply from realtek yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile Re: Realtek rtl8192e wireless not seen

Realtek (kidman) sends me today the driver v14 which works on 64 bits (tested on lucid).
    On my Samsung R580 laptop, it disconnects often but it is usable. When it disconnects, sometimes, it can not reconnect automatically so I have to unload the module and reload it, then it works again for some time.

I've uploaded it to my personal server so that everybody can download it :
    http://ftp.jdsystem.info/rtl8192e_li...01.2010.tar.gz

Hope this help

EDIT : I've also attached this driver to bug 508746 on Launchpad.
    Last edited by mcguire; April 16th, 2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: aditionnal info

Beans

Re: Realtek rtl8192e wireless not seen

If you have not got it working yet http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1460038 is how to get it working for x86 and x64 of the newest release 10.04 x86 and x64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

i got error when compile the source

WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-2.6.34/Module.symvers
    is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.

Building modules, stage 2.
    MODPOST 1 modules
    /bin/sh: scripts/mod/modpost: not found
    make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 127
    make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.34'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

whats wrong with my process?

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

#10 didn't work for me, ndiswrapper saw the device but would error out, however that may have been due to the fact that I neglected to copy the firmware included with the RTL8192U Linux drivers. That ship has sailed, however...

Compiling the latest Linux kernel (2.6.35.4 in my case) with the RTL8192U staging drivers (and copying firmware to /lib/firmware) works perfectly.

God, I *love* this OS!

Beans

I have been struggling with this for a few days now, and finally got it working on a Samsung R780 using Ubuntu 10.04.1 x86_64.

The rtl8192e_linux_2.6.0014.0401.2010 does not work properly.

I have tried several version of this driver, none worked.

This one worked for me, thanks to Dirk Hoeschen.

http://www.dirk-hoeschen.de/temp/rtl819Xe.tar.gz

Beans

Just a quick note to say thanks for the instructions in post #47. With Ubuntu Netbook Edition on a Samsung N150 then the wireless works fine *until* you suspend/restart, at which point it won't work. I didn't need any of the install instructions, but the changes to the power management script have made it work.

If only this all worked smoother. My wife is half cursing me for making her think that Linux would be better than Windows. The UI is a better size, but documentation is poor and we're just hitting too many of these niggly problems.

Beans

Correction - that fix works a bit. With the changes then the machine hibernates and restores correctly, but 90% of the time then it fails to reconnect to the network. A clean startup is generally okay, but a wake-up sits trying to connect, then pops up the password for the wireless, then sits, then asks for the password. The only way to fix it is to remove and re-add the drivers (again) and it'll normally connect straight away.

Now, if only the drivers didn't seem to drop packets/resend a lot. One of my wife's apps keeps dropping its connection because of retransmits, but doesn't do it on a wired connection. The same app to the same router on another laptop (also on UNE 10.10) doesn't have that problem. It seems that the r8192 drivers just generally need a bit of work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by pcdragon View Post
    Thanks Dude for posting this and sharing the driver. I have it working with the following:

Kubuntu 9.10 32-Bit
    Toshiba L500 laptop

Needed to uninstall network-manager. I don't have wicd installed.

Because I have WPA-PSK (TKIP) setup on my router I installed the standard kubuntu wpasupplicant package and copied /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/examples/wpa-psk-tkip.conf to /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf then edited it to suit.

I added the following lines to /etc/network/interfaces:

Code:
    auto wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-driver wext
    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
    Added the following line to /etc/modules:
    Code:
    r8192e_pci
    Rebooted and it worked fine. Thanks again for solving this issue.

cheers
    This method fixed the problem for me. Thank you very much

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast