Thread: Politely curious why I was deactivated

Beans

Politely curious why I was deactivated

Almost instantly after I posted my first thread requesting help in absolute beginners...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1237040

I saw an infraction notice flash up on my screen and I was logged out, I assume booted out. Since then I have received no response to my 2 inquiries sent to the "contact us" link on my permissions denied page that keeps coming up. I only sent two because I had never received an activation email...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1236945

and had a suspicion that perhaps my email wasn't getting through. I have just set up Evolution a day ago, and despite a successful test I wanted to be sure. So I sent the second message with an alternate email.

Since then I have seen replies to my thread and would like to continue troubleshooting my new install - I am completely new to linux and this site has been so helpful so far - but I don't think it would be fair to just set up a new account (like this one, sorry), re-post, and never learn what my infraction was

so that I will not repeat it.

With thanks - Dawn

Beans

Re: Politely curious why I was deactivated

I will look at this
    This account is not active.

Beans

Your account is OK , there is no infractions . Please try again and let me know how you go
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Your account was banned because it is a duplicate account. You did not receive an email because you keep registering accounts with invalid email addresses.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface