Thread: How to edit grub2? Where is menu.lst

Beans

How to edit grub2? Where is menu.lst

Where is the grub options? I could only find a config file saying DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. And he old menu.lst is not in the old location?

After updating yesterday i no longer have the option to boot windows and it just goest straight to ubuntu, no time out

I already tried sudo update-grub

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: How to edit grub2? Where is menu.lst

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Smile Re: How to edit grub2? Where is menu.lst

I started a theming grub2 thread a couple of months ago--as wayne_cat said--please search before just posting a new thread--it has been answered several times.

And it is now sudo update-grub2
    "Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favourite lines from AVATAR
    Linux User#395230
    Ubuntu User# 13498

Beans

Well conclusiion is grub 2 sucks and you have to use a gui which is nice but very inconvenent some times. Seems you have to edit multiple files to do the same thing that was done in one file.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Grub2 does not "suck". It's, technically speaking, much more advanced than legacy Grub.

It's just that you're familiar with legacy grub and do not want to learn something new. You're exactly the same as people who switch from Windows to Linux and complain "it does not work the way Windows does".
    ➙ Synchronize all your files across Windows, Linux and Mac OS with Dropbox (2GB free storage!). By signing up via this link I'll get some extra space also, thanks!

Multiseat on Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

funny, I have been editing the grub.cfg the same way I edited the menu.lst file, mostly because of the --no-floppy bug that shows up every now and then.

as long as you make a back up of it, edit the /boot/grub/grub.cfg file