Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus T91 linux installation

Beans

Re: Asus T91 linux installation

After a lot (really a lot) of tries, every thing is back to "normal".
    Situation :
    * kernel 2.6.28-15 doesn't ha any display when psb drivers are installed
    * kernel 2.6.28-15 has an "ugly" display when psb drivers are not installed
    * kernel 2.6.28-14 works fine, when linux-backports-2.6.28-14 is installed, and psb-kernel-source "reconfigured". I guess there is still some random freezes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Leed View Post
    Just tried the VGA out on an external screen using 1920x1080 resolution (BenQ G2411HD). It worked in full resolution, but I had to restart the X server (ctrl+alt+backspace) to get it up. Then the big resolution also affected the small screen making it show only a small portion of the screen, rather useless. I'm sure with a little configuring you should be able to get it working in any way you want it (both screens small -> clone, laptop small external big etc. ->extend) etc.
    Thanks! I couldn't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, but did figure it would take some configuring work.

Beans

Did any one manage to resume from suspend while using the "psb" graphic driver. I can resume successfully when I use the generic "ugly" driver but with the psb driver it always ends into a black screen after few "blue flashes"!

Also could you please tell me how can I calibrate my touch screen. It is bit off.

Beans

Resume/suspend is fine here.
    Calibration must done from command-line, without any X server started. (see previous posts)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

@Mizukusai
    That's scary, I started out with 2.6.28-15, I've been checking my updates ever since you posted that the new kernel is causing problems, but I've had it all the time.

Makes me a bit worried when thinking about getting an update

Beans

You started with kernel #15 ?
    I guess French repositories are updated after yours.

I'll try to uninstall all kernel #14 packages and see what happens...
    For now, I can boot only on that one... I don't know exactly what is going on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

A little extra here, I don't think it'll solve your problem, but who knows

edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the device section to
    Code:
    Section "Device"
    	Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
    	Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
    	Option "DRI" "off"
    	Option "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
    EndSection

Beans

Thanx for your reply.

I used apt-get dist-upgrade and it upgraded me to 2.29-1-netbook, where psb-kernel-source can't be compiled (compiling error due to an "strut" which has lost some members in new kernel apparently). So, I had to down grade and probably the suspend/resume problem comes from that.

Apart from this, I used "calibrate_touchscreen", then started x successfully with "startx" and the calibration was very good. But when I restarted the machine, the X never start again, instead I get a lot of blue yellow lines.

However, if I go to recovery mode and start x from the command line I get x again. The problem is that I get an error about problem with "hal" and no input device (mouse/keyboard/touch screen) works.

I think I need to install the whole thing again

Beans

OK, I re-install the whole OS. First I should say that I'm running eeebuntu 3.0 which is essentially the same as ubuntu 9.04.

I reconfirm that psb driver works with kernel 2.6.28-15-generic (actually apt-get required me to download this kernel when I wanted to download the psb driver). This is in spite of the fact that last time, it was not working with this kernel and I was getting the same result as Mizukusai mentioned and I had to down grade to 2.6.28-14-generic to make it works. This time however, I first installed the kernel, restarted and then installed the psb driver.

On suspend/resume: I check suspend/resume worked fine for me on kernel kernel 2.6.28-11/12/14 and 15-generic. However, as soon as I installed the psb driver and I restarted, it stopped working and I got the same result as I mentioned in my previous post.

My xorg.conf has the same entries as what Leed said (I'm not sure if Leed suggested them for me, but just for being on the safe side ).

After resuming, I still can turn the Caps lock on and off. I am going to check if I can ssh into the machine or not.

Thanx again for all of your help.

Beans

Weirder and weirder.
    I let my laptop on during all the morning. No crash.
    During my lunch break, I've customized easystroke with the following actions ( next/previous tab fro firefox, next/previous page for firefox, next/previous desktop for compiz ). Now, I need to click less. No crash at all.
    This may prove that the touchscreen could be in cause....

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast