Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus T91 linux installation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: Asus T91 linux installation

Quote Originally Posted by Leed View Post
    Minor disappointment on the train this morning, wanted to watch a video but the headphones jack doesn't work. Kinda strange, because the internal speakers have no problem at all and even the microphone works.
    They will work if you go into sound properties (right-click the panel applet) and switch the Output tab param to headphones - but it's a manual process each time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Btw. if you haven't been actively following
    http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php...eply&p=9274285

We have some heroes who have already gotten the psb drivers working, still working on 3D tho. The Netbook menu won't work with this, but the normal gnome desktop will.

Quote Originally Posted by lucazade View Post
    Code:
    wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338581/Gma500/scripts/poulsbo_lucid.sh && sh ./poulsbo_lucid.sh
    this is the correct one, there was a typo in my previous message.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by Leed;
    Btw. if you haven't been actively following
    http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php...eply&p=9274285

We have some heroes who have already gotten the psb drivers working, still working on 3D tho. The Netbook menu won't work with this, but the normal gnome desktop will.
    Actually the UNR menu works fine if you set UNR sessions to be 2D. In System menu fine the Login Screen (I think - i'm at work, cant check) and choose Netbook Launcher 2D. Maximus doesn't start but can be started manually, however you'll get a white screen for some time if you use the Go Home applet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Does anyone have a touchscreen working yet on Lucid? I have a T91MT (vs T91) and eGalax is not the driver. Evtouch used to work but I can't get stuff to compile. Looks like bad incompatibilities with new kernel source

@Leed: Thanks for the link. Display is working not too bad. Stuff does hang my machine - like trying to rotate with xrandr etc but it is usable. I had to set UNE 2D as my session type as well. The thread is pretty active and lucazade is doing some great work!
    Last edited by kgingeri; May 12th, 2010 at 06:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

They sure are doing great work, especially lucazade and jbernado...

The touchscreen is working on my T91 out of the box, but I haven't gotten round to calibrating it properly. I've had some tips on 3rd party applications that should give data you can insert into xorg.conf... but nothing really simple and useful so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by Leed View Post
    They sure are doing great work, especially lucazade and jbernado...

The touchscreen is working on my T91 out of the box, but I haven't gotten round to calibrating it properly. I've had some tips on 3rd party applications that should give data you can insert into xorg.conf... but nothing really simple and useful so far.
    Hmmm, my touch screen is not responsive and I see nothing in /proc/bus/input/devices at all for it! I've been chatting on the other T101MT thread and Plippo suggested the evdev driver. I seem to recall messing with that too originally. Think I'll try it again when I get a chance. Thanks for your response!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you'd like to calibrate the touchscreen in 10.04, just do the following:

First, install the Linux driver from the manufacturer of the touchscreen. When it asks what type it is, enter '0' for USB:
    Code:
    wget http://www.ideacom.com.tw/download/DRIVE/IDC_Linux_3_1_0.tar.gz
    tar xvzf IDC_Linux_3_1_0.tar.gz
    cd IDC_Linux_3_1_0
    sudo ./IDC_setup.sh
    Your xorg.conf will now have the appropriate device section for the touch screen.

Reboot.

To calibrate, use the following command:
    Code:
    sudo /usr/local/IDC/calibration
    Enjoy!

Edit: For t91 only (as far as I know)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by kwabou View Post
    If you'd like to calibrate the touchscreen in 10.04, just do the following:

First, install the Linux driver from the manufacturer of the touchscreen. When it asks what type it is, enter '0' for USB:
    Code:
    wget http://www.ideacom.com.tw/download/DRIVE/IDC_Linux_3_1_0.tar.gz
    tar xvzf IDC_Linux_3_1_0.tar.gz
    cd IDC_Linux_3_1_0
    sudo ./IDC_setup.sh
    Your xorg.conf will now have the appropriate device section for the touch screen.

Reboot.

To calibrate, use the following command:
    Code:
    sudo /usr/local/IDC/calibration
    Enjoy!

Edit: For t91 only (as far as I know)
    Whoa! That just about 'bricked' my system!! Luckily there is an "uninstall" param for the IDC_setup.sh script (available in safe mode) or I would have been in for a complete reinstall

IDC is definitely for the T91 only!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

The IDC calibration worked for me except on the screen edges for some reason.

Anyone else having this problem?

Cheers to all of the work that has been done on this in the last month or so. Things have come a looooong way for the usability of my T91SA in Lubuntu. Thank you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My touch screen worked before calibration, except for on the edges (and it was inaccurate the further towards the edges you went). After IDC, before I found the calibration, I tried xinput_calibrate. It never worked, sometimes forcing the cursor to the bottom right corner no matter where I touched the screen. The reason I mention this then, is that the output of xinput_calibrate showed me the proper IDC version number. For my T91, my screen is IDC 6680, and that is the driver I linked above. There is also a 6681 driver. Not sure how much of a difference this could make (as that's not the version mine is)...

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast