Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus T91 linux installation

Beans

Re: Asus T91 linux installation

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...eoCardsPoulsbo
    I recommend it to all. I used "New Method" (polusbo.sh script). All graphics seems to be OK, Compiz is working, no problems with color depth after waking up from suspend. Random freezes are not tested yet (I need more time). Some problems with performance when playing video with compiz, but I think GMA500 can't give more performance... Linux kernel version is 2.6.31-20-generic.

I've just locked version psb driver packages in Synaptic, and I want to lock kernel version - how to do it? I don't want ubuntu upgrading kernel version because there is a risk that poulsbo drivers will not work with other kernel version.

Beans

dude, you rock. Thanks for the easystroke definitions....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Shuvalov View Post
    P.S. and one more serious thing: sometimes (probably after stopping X server by logging out) I see that strings in Ctrl+Alt+F[1..6] terminal (they appear directly in cursor randomly):
    Code:
    [<timestamp>] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x270600
    [<timestamp>] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last  cmd=0x870600
    [<timestamp>] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last  cmd=0x870600
    [<timestamp>] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last  cmd=0x170503
    I have no idea that is this... big count of this strings appear on <tab> and one on <arrow down>.
    This is to do with sound module. I find the sound has some bugs and this seems to be one of them. The keys you are pressing are trying to generate a system beep (because you are at the end of a line, for example) - the sound module is then generating these errors. I get the same thing sometimes. It doesn't seem to be anything too serious.

Beans
    Distro

Sleep/resume is now working perfectly for me - including wifi coming back up. I'm running UNR on kernel 2.6.31-20 with poulsbo drivers installed using the automatic script method someone has mentioned on here. I think, though, that it was one of the grub options kgingeri uses that made the difference, because the first time I tried this kernel sleep/resume was still behaving the same way, with netbook-launcher crashing after resume.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    Sleep/resume is now working perfectly for me - including wifi coming back up. I'm running UNR on kernel 2.6.31-20 with poulsbo drivers installed using the automatic script method someone has mentioned on here. I think, though, that it was one of the grub options kgingeri uses that made the difference, because the first time I tried this kernel sleep/resume was still behaving the same way, with netbook-launcher crashing after resume.
    Properly installing poulsbo drivers fixed the netbook-launcher problem for me as well, although I'm still having hangs if I don't turn off wireless before suspending. I'll look for the script you mention; does it turn off wireless as part of the suspend process?

Thanks again for figuring this out, and also to kgingeri for the easytouch config files. Things are working much more smoothly now!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

After having to reinstall several times in a few days, I have made a fairly big entry on the EEEUser wiki for getting 9.10 working on the T91 / T91MT's with all the tweaks mentioned here, setup guides and so on combined into one place.

Linkage

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by scottfranklin View Post
    I'll look for the script you mention; does it turn off wireless as part of the suspend process?
    The script I was referring to was the one for installing the poulsbo drivers, mentioned in Roman's post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=261).

I might have imagined it, but I'm pretty sure my kernel got updated at my last update a few days ago, but I didn't have to go do the poulsbo installation afterwards.

I haven't been able to find an answer on how to turn wifi off when sleep is invoked.

As an aside, when I turn my t91 on the wifi comes up in whatever state it was shutdown in. I wonder why others find it is always off on startup?

Beans

I see. I did use that to install the poulsbo drivers and that's working fine. But if I forget to turn off wireless before sleeping (not shutting down) then it hangs on awakening. I don't have the exact error message, but it looks like it's waiting for wlan0 to be released.

Output to external monitor is now working (even used it during my talk!), but it won't mirror screens, only treat the external monitor as an adjacent display. Odd, but workable.

Beans

Hi everyone. Thanks a lot for all the work done so far. I started a new thread for the T91MT where I summed up the whole procedure to get things running (i.e. poulsbo with working acceleration, stable wireless and of course the touch screen).

Beans

2 weeks ago I've disabled On-board Audio (in BIOS). No Random freezes since that time. And no sounds So problems in audio drivers. But I have absolutely no ideas how to change audio drivers and/or bring them working without crashing system. And you?

spl: have you catch random freezes? If No, what are you audio drivers? (ALSA packages versions etc...)
    Last edited by Roman Shuvalov; April 8th, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast