I am running 2.6.31-18-generic and it worked for me too. Thanks!
I am running Karmic 2.6.32-17 - the latest as of this post - and I have no idea if this will work for anything else.
I did the following steps from the provided instructions
1. Install the video psb drivers via instructions in blog post
2. do "sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evtouch"
3. download the source/binaries from the attachment of post #171
4. do "tar -xvzf xf86-input-evtouch-0.8.8-T91MT.tar.gz"
6. do "sudo cp 50-asustek.fdi /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/50-asustek.fdi"
7. restart and hope best .. didn't helped. (Was it supposed to be enough ? I understood so from post #171)
8. do "cd xf86-input-evtouch-0.8.8-T91MT"
9. do "sudo cp /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evtouch_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evtouch_drv.so.save"
10. do "sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.save"
11. do "sudo cp ./.libs/evtouch_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evtouch_drv.so"
12. do "sudo cp ./xorg.conf /etc/X11/"
13. Shutdown and restart, and it was working.
Again thanks for SamT91MT and kgingeri