Thread: Nero 3 Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Nero 3 Linux

Im in the process of getting a new media burner for a Desktop, and I was thinking of getting a blu-ray burner.

Has anyone used Nero3 Linux?

How does it compare to Brasero?

Lastly I couldnt find any definitive answers as to if Brasero could even burn Blu-rays, can it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Nero 3 Linux

Yes I've tried it.
    It quite good, includes a lot of features and I haven't had any problems with it.. It includes more features than Brasero, the extra features are advanced features that most users don't need.

I have no idea if Brasero or Nero support BluRay... According to this page they don't:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Cd...-Ray%20Burning
    There are currently no graphical tools that support Blu-Ray disc burning, though GUI support is expected to be available in the future. See Burning a DVD or Blu-Ray Disc below for command line instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    At this time it is possible to run windows viruses with wine. They do not run well yet....http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?s...30222&from=rss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

As far as I know Nero for Linux is the only way to burn Blu-Ray in Ubuntu. k3b doesn't even do that. Nero is solid and relatively easy to use.
    True freedom requires sacrifice and pain. Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

While nero is good in windows, it kinda goes against the grain to use nero3 in linux - its commercial licence $20, not open source, & its only nero burning rom(no nerovision, no showtime, no encoder, no other utilities). I used it for one time only until I discovered brasero and k3b did a superb job, and I happily uninstalled nero soon after.

I'm just researching bluray myself, and have found that there are several alternatives to nero for HD and BD in linux - dvd+rw-tools (growisofs), DumpHD, gear pro linux, etc - dont know how good/easy they are to work but have used some already including brasero. Will know better when I get round to buying a bluray writer.

dragon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

nero is a commercial one. Its simple and easy to use.