Thread: Ubuntu One mount point

Beans

Cool Ubuntu One mount point

I've been using UbuntuOne for around a month now and find the mount point for the volume, i.e. in my /home directory, rather annoying.

Anything you drag to it is moved not copied since Ubuntu One disk doesn't appear to be an external volume mounted at root.

Is there a way to change where UbuntuOne mounts? I tried mount to get a list of all mounted volumes but the UbuntuOne disk didn't show up -- unless it has a different name...?

thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Ubuntu One mount point

I don't think so. You could propose it on http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/.
    Join the (unofficial) apturl evangelism campaign! If you're giving advice to newbies, don't tell them to "sudo apt-get install something." Instead, tell them to apt:install-something.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I don't think Ubuntu One is actually mounted. I think it's just a normal folder on your hard drive that the Ubuntu One client monitors. That's why you can't find it when running mount. Maybe there's a config file somewhere?
    [ Blog # A Programmer's Ride ]
    Linux: it really whips the penguin's butt.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by anechoic View Post
    I've been using UbuntuOne for around a month now and find the mount point for the volume, i.e. in my /home directory, rather annoying.

Anything you drag to it is moved not copied since Ubuntu One disk doesn't appear to be an external volume mounted at root.

Is there a way to change where UbuntuOne mounts? I tried mount to get a list of all mounted volumes but the UbuntuOne disk didn't show up -- unless it has a different name...?

thanks in advance!
    The Ubuntu One directory is really just a directory, not a mount. Saving files in the ~/Ubuntu One/My Files/ directory are on your pc and then uploaded to the cloud.

Beans

ah ha...I,m also using JungleDisk which shows up as both a folder and a volume - which is sorta odd
    so I thought maybe UbuntuOne was similar

what is the key combo for drag copying a file or directory instead of moving it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by anechoic View Post
    ah ha...I,m also using JungleDisk which shows up as both a folder and a volume - which is sorta odd
    so I thought maybe UbuntuOne was similar

what is the key combo for drag copying a file or directory instead of moving it?
    Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V? Left click, move, release? If you are unsure, you the middle mouse button and a menu will appear when you're finished dragging.
    [ Blog # A Programmer's Ride ]
    Linux: it really whips the penguin's butt.

Beans

FYI: holding down the Ctrl key while dragging a file will copy it locally instead of moving it