Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a reliable router

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Looking for a reliable router

Quote Originally Posted by hibliss View Post
    Let me know if you have any problems. I set one up for a friend that has a USB drive plugged in acting as Network Attached Storage, and it even runs Optware (full featured linux), so with the drive plugged in, you can torent straight from the router.
    You totally outdated me in technology

Optware sounds very cool. I'm a big torrent fan.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Make sure you take advantage of QoS, which prioritizes bandwidth, especially if you have multiple people torrenting in the house at the same time.

I had problems with my old roommates hogging the bandwidth and not wanting to play fair and limit the speeds in their client, so I had to take matters in to my own hands.

If you have problems, start a thread and PM it to me, I can help with all thing bittorrent, especially in a shared house with bandwidth hogs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by hibliss View Post
    Make sure you take advantage of QoS, which prioritizes bandwidth, especially if you have multiple people torrenting in the house at the same time.

I had problems with my old roommates hogging the bandwidth and not wanting to play fair and limit the speeds in their client, so I had to take matters in to my own hands.

If you have problems, start a thread and PM it to me, I can help with all thing bittorrent, especially in a shared house with bandwidth hogs
    I really appreciate your help. My roommates usually watch movies on video streaming websites, while I rather download aXXo quality ones and save them on my computer.

Once I buy it, I will try to see if it has a setting for limiting bandwidth when everyone's connected and downloading stuffs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12