Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wireless connection lost (disconnects) when idle after locking screen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Wireless connection lost (disconnects) when idle after locking screen

Quote Originally Posted by arlwsbuntu View Post
    (I seriously think government should pay pension for coders - which produce bad code - not to code at all)
    Yeah, or just send them to a country where they deal with these things 'appropriately' (nah, just kidding)

Anyway, thanks for your reply, Arl, your post clarifies a lot for me. Actually, I'm currently using an HP EliteBook, but I've never heard about this thing called '11n' you mentioned. Do you know how I can disable it and what the consequences of doing that are (apart from hopefully not getting disconnected anymore)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pveurshout View Post
    Do you know how I can disable it and what the consequences of doing that are (apart from hopefully not getting disconnected anymore)?
    Not checked iwlagn source code (just strings), currently have in /etc/modprobe.d/options line::

options iwlagn amsdu_size_8K=1 11n_disable=1 debug=1 11n_disable50=1 amsdu_size_8K50=1 debug50=1

Maybe just 11n_disable=1 and 11n_disable50=1 might do the trick.

But without these options iwlagn cannot connect to my access point.

Anyway my 11n Linksys access point started to die, but it also has buggy code (ns proxy has/had poor locking for ns entries, and parallel ns queries caused corrupted entries, which caused wrong addresses for hosts) so cannot say if iwlagn options cause it or not.

//arl

Beans
    Distro

Thanks!

By the way, this..
    Quote Originally Posted by pveurshout View Post
    Hey, after installing the backports modules my dmesg keeps flooding with these messages:
    Code:
    [   75.919076] wlan0: beacon loss from AP ffff88013fd70ac0 - sending probe request
    [  115.877120] wlan0: beacon loss from AP ffff88013fd70ac0 - sending probe request
    (...)
    ..was gone after updating the kernel from 2.6.28-15 to 2.6.28-16. However, that also caused my system to start freezing randomly (although I suspect it may have something to do with handling larger files..not sure though) so I decided not to use it after all lol

Beans
    Distro

Marked as solved. This is not an issue anymore in Karmic.

Beans

Angry Re: Wireless connection lost (disconnects) when idle after locking screen

I´ve had the same problem with it. I cant even go online thru my android, go thru my contacts or even touch my pho, for that matter, without losing connection on my desktop. On my ph (under wireless & connections), it´l first say ¨obtaining IP address from 2wire142 (gateway 2wire from AT&T), then it´l say itś scanning and then disconnected. I just updated up to 12.04 and thats when it happened, so I unstalled the 12.04 by reinstalled the 11.10 disk and im havin the same probs...

I dont have windows anymore, just ubuntu 11.10

I can check the internet & contacts/etc, whenever im away from home, but I can no longer go thru it at home..

I also thought that it may have somethin to do with ¨Magic Jack¨, but it´s not that either...

Can you please help me ?

I also have no idea where these codes go. Im new at linux and I see these codes to install/download or whatever for certain things on linux, and I have no idea where they go. I know how to copy/paste, just clueless on where to paste them...

I hope all this makes sense and nothin seriously bad...

Thanx
    Last edited by salemjones69; May 24th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123