Thread: Burning audio cd from .cue file results in cd with white noise

Threaded View

Beans

Question Burning audio cd from .cue file results in cd with white noise

Hello!

Unfortunately I'm having a problem with burning audio cds from a .cue file and multiple flac files, which results in a cd that only contains noise. Any help sorting this out would be greatly appreciated!

Over the last days I've been ripping about a 100 cds to flac with rubyripper. So far I've been very happy with the tool and even though it's a lot of work, I'm making progress. Before continuing with the rest of my cd collection, I decided to burn some music back to cd to play on my hifi set to test if the quality is as good as I'm expecting, especially with some albums that needed quite a number of trials before getting two matches on all chunks (because they are EMI copy controlled). Here I ran into some problems with the .cue files generated by rubyripper.

When double-clicking the .cue file a "image burning setup" window pops up, I let Brasero sort everything out after loading an empty disc and it starts burning. Everything seems to go fine, except that when I put the cd in my cd player all I hear is white noise and the total length of the album is shorter than the original cd. The number of tracks is correct. I have two Ubuntu machines (one with Jaunty, other with Hardy and different hardware) set up for parallel ripping, so I tried to burn the cd on the other machine and for another album, but found the same problem occured! If I open Brasero and manually choose to start a new audio cd and then add the very same set of flac files, I get an audio cd that plays just fine (and, to my relief, sounds as good as the original).

What am I doing wrong? Or does it have something to do with the fact that rubyripper sets the INDEX at 01 00:00:00 for every track? I've attached an example of a .cue file (with .txt added for the extension). I was hoping the .cue files would allow me to burn exact copies of my cds in case one of the originals somehow fails..

Cheers!

Koen.
    Attached Files Attached Files