Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte T1028M Issues with Touchpad and Touchscreen

Beans

Re: Gigabyte T1028M Issues with Touchpad and Touchscreen

Thanks so much for your help Doktor Wahnsinn!

I have another question. I tried again with evtouch, after I reinstalled with a network connection, and now it seems to be working just fine! However, I am having trouble with the calibration. The instructions are cryptic, and I don't know if I want to mess around in my xorg.conf. Did you get your touchscreen working?

Thanks again for all your help!

Beans

Hello to all! Yesterday i bought Gigabyte T1028X! Installed ubuntu netbook remix and everything worked out of the box except touchpad! Just want to say thank you to Doktor.Wahnsinn! It is a nice machine!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

I've had this Laptop for a week or 2, have not used it that much. I can however say, that after help from this thread I could at least get my touchpad working, unfortunately my TOUCHSCREEN works but (like reported by others) it causes the whole system to freeze - Ubunutu Netbook Remix is completely unresponsive and is definately caused by the touchscreen (usually after a couple of minutes of use, sometimes only seconds!).

I have checked, the Evtouch drivers installed on my system is also the latest according to the evtouch website (however I am simply using the driver installed by default with UNR).

Another problem is that the E-book reader immediately crashes (fails to open) - it worked once or twice and after playing around with different screen rotations it stopped working.

I would love to have this working - it is a huge disappointment for me, because I bought this netbook for the touchscreen and tablet functions.

Eagerly waiting for some good news!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The touchscreen works great in Karmic, but I still can't get the touchpad to work, and the trick mentioned in this thread isn't compatible with GRUB2, AFAIK.

Beans

I am trying to get a collective thread going and I would be glad about any comments you might have! Check it out at

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1275975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12