I have just posted another new message regarding my Trust Webcam WB-1400T and Skype. This is the second issue that I have so not managed to resolve.
I have only just started using Ubuntu, (just converted from Windows XP Pro) and I have to say apart from the two unresolved issues, Ubuntu is a fantastic operating system.
- I have a Dell Dimension E520 with 1.5G of RAM.
- It has an in-built sound card
- I have Dell speakers plugged into the speaker jack.
- I have a Soyntec VOIP handset which I've used and continue to use (successfully) with Skype.
- I play and hear audio CD's through the attached speakers.
Whenever I activate a media file off of a website, e.g. BBC i-Player or a movie file received from friends and family, the sound comes through my VOIP handset and not through the speakers. Probably connected with this issue is that I have also noticed that when I switch the PC in the morning, I hear the first 'beep' through my speakers, and then when the successful sign-on to Ubuntu is aired the sound comes through the VOIP phone.