Thread: Errors rendering 3D graphics

Beans

Errors rendering 3D graphics

Hi... I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to Linux in general. I've had Ubuntu for about 2 months now, and on the whole. I've enjoyed my experience. However. I seem to have problems rendering 3D graphics. When I attempt to run anything with 3D graphics. I get something like this.. (Which is better than before... it used to just be an "invisible window") http://yfrog.com/0yscreenshotwprp

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong, and how I could fix it? I'm not sure how to get the specs of my computer, as I got it for christmas a few years back, and have no idea what model it is or what cards are in it, etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Errors rendering 3D graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Ahzmand View Post
    Hi... I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to Linux in general. I've had Ubuntu for about 2 months now, and on the whole. I've enjoyed my experience. However. I seem to have problems rendering 3D graphics. When I attempt to run anything with 3D graphics. I get something like this.. (Which is better than before... it used to just be an "invisible window") http://yfrog.com/0yscreenshotwprp

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong, and how I could fix it? I'm not sure how to get the specs of my computer, as I got it for christmas a few years back, and have no idea what model it is or what cards are in it, etc.
    check you have all the updated drivers for your graphics cards.
    Also, guildwars crashes a lot under ubuntu.
    Best things in life are free, for everything eles theres ubuntu
    Proud Kubuntu User Since 2008

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Errors rendering 3D graphics

try going to System > Administration > Hardware Drivers

it'll tell you if theres a better driver for your graphics card available and let you install it.