Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Bitdefender

Beans

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Bitdefender

I have researched and found no viable answers to this issue/ How can I download Bitdefender through the terminal (I have product code). I have tried suggetions in past forums but they aren't compatible with the current version 12.04 LTS. Can someone please help. Half of my friends use Windows(don't ask me why) and we share files so it's out of respect not fear for my system. AMD 64 I am not some lazy guy who wants simple answers but I have researched this issue for about a week and nothing. Thanks so much.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Bitdefender

Hi Matthew Ianniello.

If you have the licence key, look at this link.

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2012/04/...cise-pangolin/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Bit confused here. Are you trying to run this with Wine as it seems to be a program intended for Windows ... ?

I'm figuring if your friends are running Windows they'll probably have virus checkers running and set to check any media they insert for viruses.

Beans

I un-stalled and re-stalled following the link you gave http://www.liberiangeek.net it worked however I keep receing this error message Installing BitDefender Antivirus Scanner v7.6.4 Selecting previously unselected package bitdefender-scanner:i386. (Reading database ... 204646 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking bitdefender-scanner:i386 (from bitdefender-scanner_7.6-4_i386.deb) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of bitdefender-scanner:i386: bitdefender-scanner:i386 depends on libc6 (>= 2.3.6). bitdefender-scanner:i386 depends on libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-21). bitdefender-scanner:i386 depends on libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-21). dpkg: error processing bitdefender-scanner:i386 (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for man-db ... Errors were encountered while processing: bitdefender-scanner:i386 Could not complete the installation of the package, aborting. I really appreciate the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi
    try installing Bitdefender 7.6.3 using the Bitdefender repository system, no problems installing on 12.04!
    http://download.bitdefender.com/repos/#

Beans

Thanks, I really appreciate all whom gave their time in helping me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Please mark thread solved to help others, if/when it is. Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Can it be wrong for us to be polite, and check for viruses ourselves? BitDefender Scanner for Unices is made specifically for Linux. I've been using it for years. A whole lot of Windows users are so casual about security that they have little or no malware protection. For them, I scan any files that I intend to share with others. Not being considerate and scanning for malware that can't hurt our computers is why Linux users have a reputation for harboring malware. I'm trying to break the cycle, one file at a time.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread Closed:

Reason:
    Died of old age ... and necromancy.