Page 61 of 543 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

@jbernardo: did you check in your changes? then I can work from there...

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo View Post
    That was the first problem, but I fixed that now. I am just not understanding why it works if I invoke it by hand, and not from inside debian/rules.
    So, is it "safe" to use https://launchpad.net/~lucazade/+archive/ppa with 10.04 / Lucid? What works and what's broken?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by TomaszC View Post
    So, is it "safe" to use https://launchpad.net/~lucazade/+archive/ppa with 10.04 / Lucid? What works and what's broken?
    you could use the source but we're still working on that.. you can install the binary packages that did build, but you won't get a working system...

Still work in progress..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TomaszC View Post
    No. Now it is empty.
    There are still issue in the svn code... so the repo is not useful at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by lucazade View Post
    No. Now it is empty.
    There are still issue in the svn code... so the repo is not useful at the moment
    Thanks for the info - I'll keep monitoring this thread for updates (or, is there a more appropriate place to look for changes)?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw45 View Post
    @jbernardo: did you check in your changes? then I can work from there...
    I committed them one hour ago, now xserver-xorg-video-psb builds, installs, and generates "regular" and debug packages. I also checked xpsb-glx and it builds, and includes /lib/libGL* - and that might be the source of our problems, as mesa has changed (a lot) and stuff built for mesa 1.4 probably will crash with the xpsb-glx mesa 1.2. Even though in karmic using the xpsb-glx means 50% faster glxgears, and yes, I know, glxgears isn't a benchmark.

I had only tested building under Karmic, as in Lucid I can't get a stable X session, so would have to set wifi by hand. Unfortunately, I am not able right now to build xserver-xorg-video-psb under Lucid, as there seem to be some missing include files.
    I am setting a chroot and will test again, as soon as I have this fixed I'll tell you guys.
    Last edited by jbernardo; May 6th, 2010 at 01:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'll check out when I get home and build/install xpsb-glx and xserver-xorg-video-psb and see what I get... Hopefully a stable X

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lucazade View Post
    Any date for the fix??? Are you joking?
    Why would I be joking? It was working last week, now I have no OpenGL.

EDIT: This fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo View Post
    Edit2: to remove the xpsb redirections until we fix the install of the mesa drivers:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-divert --remove --rename --package xpsb-glx --divert /usr/lib/psb/libGL.so.1.xlibmesa /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
    sudo dpkg-divert --remove --rename --package xpsb-glx --divert /usr/lib/psb/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
    Last edited by legoman666; May 6th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
    Why would I be joking? It was working last week, now I have no OpenGL.

EDIT: This fixed it
    @Legoman Are you using 9.10 or 10.04?
    The driver that they're trying to fix is for 10.04. I have an Acer AO751h and currently running 9.10 with the workaround from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...oCardsPoulsbo/
    I did have an issue when the new kernel update came along, but I just uninstalled all the Poulsbo drivers, and re run the one line off the site and it worked!

I'm waiting to see if the Poulsbo driver will work under 10.04 after the good work these guys have done..... We're all behind them, and know that these people have regular 9 to 5 jobs too!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Ok, this time for good, I just uploaded fixed sources for xserver-xorg-video-psb, and it builds under Lucid and generates a debug package. Maybe this will help finding what is wrong with the driver.

Page 61 of 543 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast