Page 501 of 543 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5425

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Hmm, may be you are right, I still don't know

OFFTOPIC: BTW, tihoulas have you got the touchscreen's multitouch working out of the box? i think after we end up fightting with GMA500 (after we win), we can collaborate about all other stuff...

Beans
    Hidden!

So, guys, I have EeePC 1101ha. Wich distro/release is best for this Gma500?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Hello.
    Just installed Kubuntu daily build, blacklisted poulsbo, all gone well and the performance is good with KDE 4.8 RC2. However I got a bit confused with the bug report about vt.handoff=7. Should I add any GRUB options at all? When it boots I end up with KDM screen 1024x768 which auto-reloads in the correct resolution if I switch to terminal and load the psb_gfx module manually. Any suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE: Stupid me, I should run update-initramfs -u, otherwise it kept loading poulsbo, however I then faced the black screen instead of KDM. Then I removed vt.handoff=7 and now I have X running properly on VT #8 instead of #7. If I got right what Lucazade wrote on the bug report it doesn't have to do with plymouth, so is removing vt.handoff=7 what is needed at the moment?
    Last edited by simplygades; January 26th, 2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Partially solved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by simplygades View Post
    Hello.
    Just installed Kubuntu daily build, blacklisted poulsbo, all gone well and the performance is good with KDE 4.8 RC2. However I got a bit confused with the bug report about vt.handoff=7. Should I add any GRUB options at all? When it boots I end up with KDM screen 1024x768 which auto-reloads in the correct resolution if I switch to terminal and load the psb_gfx module manually. Any suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE: Stupid me, I should run update-initramfs -u, otherwise it kept loading poulsbo, however I then faced the black screen instead of KDM. Then I removed vt.handoff=7 and now I have X running properly on VT #8 instead of #7. If I got right what Lucazade wrote on the bug report it doesn't have to do with plymouth, so is removing vt.handoff=7 what is needed at the moment?
    Welcome to psb_gfx =)

Support will get better as the bug reports get resolved.

I skin the cat another way, on my netbook I do this

Edit "/etc/default/grub"

Change the line – 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”quiet splash” ' to

Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="poulsbo.blacklist=yes console=tty1"
    Update grub

Code:
    sudo update-grub
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ludalex View Post
    So, guys, I have EeePC 1101ha. Wich distro/release is best for this Gma500?
    It depends... Some of us with the 1101HA can't use a 3.x kernel, which means any ubuntu from 11.10 onwards, as it fails after a few seconds with a kernel panic. Others are able to use it without problems, running psb_gfx or EMGD depending on their needs.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo View Post
    It depends... Some of us with the 1101HA can't use a 3.x kernel, which means any ubuntu from 11.10 onwards, as it fails after a few seconds with a kernel panic. Others are able to use it without problems, running psb_gfx or EMGD depending on their needs.
    Thanks.
    So, what's your advice? Between all of these versions/drivers I can't figure what's the best for my little netbook

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks.
    So, what's your advice? Between all of these versions/drivers I can't figure what's the best for my little netbook
    Sorry to bother you guys. I chose to install 11.04 desktop for my 1101HA. Now, what's the best driver for 2d? (I care more about this than Hardware Acceleration, but being able to view YouTube videos would be great).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thanks.
    Well, I'd go back to the last version where psb worked. I am not using the notebook right now, only trying every week if the new nightly now boots or still gives a kernel panic...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thermatk View Post
    Hmm, may be you are right, I still don't know

OFFTOPIC: BTW, tihoulas have you got the touchscreen's multitouch working out of the box? i think after we end up fightting with GMA500 (after we win), we can collaborate about all other stuff...
    Still no luck with a custom xorg.conf...
    As for multitouch, it should work well as soon as we got this running : all it needs is xorg 1.10 and a linux kernel 3.0. That's why I am trying emgd 1.10. If you can live without multitouch, emgd 1.8 is fine.

Beans

I need multitouch and Youtube, Armagetron is running with EMGD 1.8
    I can't understand which sense it has to delete this resolution as it's the common netbook one...

Page 501 of 543 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast