didn't you read my post here?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...79#post8946979

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Quote Originally Posted by cgriffith View Post
    @samusishere

didn't you read my post here?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...79#post8946979
    i did, i will try that. what about brightness keys in ubuntu 9.10 on the acer aspire one 751h

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Just in case anyone is interested. Intel has released IEGD 10.3.1 yesterday. I downloaded and extracted the linux drivers. I can see they added support for "Pineview", and the xserver binary blobs have been modified. There is no change in supported kernel/xserver versions. Maybe they fixed the suspend issue. <fingers-crossed>
    Hi, any news? Have they fixed suspend/hibernate?

Beans

Hi has enyone heard eny news on the upcomeing LTS lucid lynx runing with the gma 500??? it would be a shame that e cant use a long term relese because cannonical and intel cant work something out like they did with 8.04

Thanks in advance.!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by samusishere View Post
    Hi has enyone heard eny news on the upcomeing LTS lucid lynx runing with the gma 500??? it would be a shame that e cant use a long term relese because cannonical and intel cant work something out like they did with 8.04

Thanks in advance.!
    Status quo: We're screwed.

However, I just emailed the guy from the FSF who showed off better GMA 500 drivers last fall. I'm hoping for an enlightening reply.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by NCLI View Post

However, I just emailed the guy from the FSF who showed off better GMA 500 drivers last fall. I'm hoping for an enlightening reply.
    I've still to decide if this is just SNAFU, or the GMA500 drivers are FUBAR.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NCLI View Post

Keep us posted.

It's a shame that not even Moblin (soon to be MeeGo) supports the GMA 500 chipset.
    ° pro: better future °
    ° against: corrupt corporations °

Beans

Talking Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Well, even though I am using Jolicloud, I found something that has boost performance and responsiveness of general applications and the netbook launcher. I have found that if you install this package: http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/gstreamer0.10-gl and then select it in gstreamer-properties that everything improves quite well... Also, I was just wondering, if someone were to link the VAAPI to this plugin, then could native, Hardware decoding of H.264 become system wide making HTML5 based Youtube in HD a possibility w/Chrome? XD

Beans

Hi gang,
    Here is how I got to this point.

1) install Ubuntu Netbook Remix (9.10 Karmic)
    2) performed a software update to get entire system up to date.
    3) installed psb drivers following http://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSuppo...oCardsPoulsbo/
    4) after rebooting and rebuilding module per #3
    I updated the hal suspend quirks per #3

then I had a completely functional and stable system that allows me to watch movies without excessive frame drop. You have no idea how long I have been trying to get that going.
    After more investigation I found that /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98smart-kernel-video was thinking our graphics driver can handle not switching to virtual terminal first (due to KMS) and added quirk to stop suspend from switching to virtual terminal. So, if you run

Code:
    > touch /etc/pm/sleep.d/98smart-kernel-video
    suspend/hibernate/resume will work. Because the pm-suspend script will switch to virtual terminal before suspending system.

I hope this helps others out. If I see a large enough turnout on this issue, maybe I(we) can update wiki.
    Thanks for posting. Using these steps, I got my AO751h to suspend/resume once, but then it can no longer suspend. Also, after resume, Hibernate is no longer available in the Power Management preference dialog. FWIW, I also have 2.6.31-20, which may be the problem. I think at this point I am done wasting my time with the GMA500.

Beans

ok but i remember that there where gallium 3d drivers, that here supossed to be madee.! why are all these compneys makeing empty promises to us??? the said they would be relesed early 2010 sowhat gives???

Page 41 of 543 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast