Page 100 of 543 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5425

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

I just fixed the RANDR problem. I'm not sure if this will work on all systems but in any case, it will probably be more stable for those systems too (object is NULL but structure member is used).

See attachment for the patch. Can anyone tell me who can check this and if its OK apply it upstream? Thank you.

-Yves
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alfrenovsky View Post
    For vaapi or xvideo to work you need bitmap texture acceleration support. Disabled when you enable FBShadow. 3D support still broken, so you can't disable FBShadow and get a stable (sometimes not even usable) system.
    So... fbshadow is being ENABLED in order to DISABLE 3D? Aren't there better ways of disabling 3D? Like leaving out the mesa driver?

Beans

There are clearly other stability reasons to enable shadowfb for now. Debugging is still ongoing to fix most of these... I don't care so much about 3D but i do have xv higher on my priorities-list.

Yves

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Leed View Post
    Known Issue, it's because 3d isn't working yet.

Just logout and upon login, just before you type your password you can switch the session to either Gnome Desktop or Netbook 2D on the bottom of the screen...

if you have no password, just use the "other" login option to get to the session selection.
    How can I do this on Kubuntu ?
    I've got the same error:
    *ERROR* No Xpsb 3D extension available
    and my KDE freezes.

UPDATE
    OK, I've managed to disable compositing and everything works fine.
    Just add this to ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc
    Code:
    [Compositing]
    Enabled=false
    Last edited by hubus; June 4th, 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Beans

Any chance of applying a working patch on backtrack 4? Everything i tried didnt worked

Beans

I've been investigating the ShadowFB issue. This is a difficult one, it crashes all over because of memory corruption somewhere... Stuff become NULL, I added stuff to cope with NULL and then using the change it never becomes NULL again and crashes somewhere else...

Someone had good ideas to attack this? Valgrind doesn't seem to capture the problem...

-Yves

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by yvesdm3000 View Post
    Someone had good ideas to attack this? Valgrind doesn't seem to capture the problem...
    I've tried some things to solve https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28077, that one seems to be the main stumbling block. But doing the tests for null inside fbCopyNtoN doesn't solve the bug. Stops the crashes, but also corrupts bitmaps like crazy, and breaks scrolling. Maybe you can try looking at it?

Beans

That is the bug I was after initially, but there doesn't seem to be any issue in it. That code works perfectly fine here...

But i did have crashes in pixmans blt. Initially because src and dst were NULL, I did a check against that and I've never seen src and dst being NULL again... Something is screwing up memory, and indeed pixmaps are corrupt ...

btw how do you manage to run X under gdb ?

Something else that worries me, Xorg crashes here if i uninstall the psb_glx opengl driver. I really hope we're not fighting a memory allocation bug in psb_glx ...

-Yves

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yvesdm3000 View Post
    memory allocation
    this made me thinking..

adding XAANoOffscreenPixmaps allows me to log in Gnome with a working 3D and without using Milone modified xserver... anyway icons are broken.

adding RENDER "disable" fix also icons but breaks other things

just and idea.. from Xserver 1.7 release note:
    EXA: Don't use UploadToScreen for CopyNtoN with mixed pixmaps

Beans

One of the the things I saw yesterday in the PSB code is that all pixmaps should be 32-bit, and the option "ForceConvert24to32" seem to be gone from Xorg 1.7. Maybe we are having trouble with 24bit pixmaps ?

-Yves

Page 100 of 543 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast