Thread: dungeon crawlers hack n slash online games?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

dungeon crawlers hack n slash online games?

Just looking for some recommendations. Preferably games somewhat like diablo or never winter (used to play on some good faster paced servers). That run on linux or wine.

Eh i wonder if anyone plays on nwn online anymore might just end up going back to that only thing that used to drive me nuts was most of the servers lagged bad.

but anyway some recommendations would be cool, some of my favorites were diablo, phantasy star online,ragnarok stuff like that.
    Phenom 2 x4 820 2.8ghz-8gb DDR2-Geforce evga 750ti-Samsung SSD 240gb

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: dungeon crawlers hack n slash online games?

You are going to think I am joking when you login, but apart from a well put together MUD, this is the best dungeon crawler ever:

Code:
    telnet
    open
    nethack.alt.org
    Check out #nethack on freenode for conversation, and nethack.wikia.com for a spoiler wiki.

Additionally, there are forked versions that have different graphical interfaces. One - called 'falcon's eye' IIRC is 3d front-end 3rd person POV, and another is a FPS type orientation. ASCII is best for playing the game in pure form, though.

Be careful - many a telnet n00b has started a game of nethack thinking it was child's play, and woken up a couple decades later realizing they had wasted half their life in pursuit of the amulet of yendor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Dungeon runners runs perfect with wine

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

World of warcraft runs great on wine.
    Lineage 2 too.
    I killed hope,but you buried it....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

NO WOW! lol thx for suggesting tho. I played from when it came out till wrath and game just felt like it went to "easy" to me, not the only person who said that either most my work buddies i play with all quit or headed over to warhammer for something fresh.

dungeon runners is ok i might have to install that again. I used to pay for the 5 dollar premium membership. Lineage 2 i like also. hmmmmmmmmm lol
    Phenom 2 x4 820 2.8ghz-8gb DDR2-Geforce evga 750ti-Samsung SSD 240gb