Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Post Your Desktop Thread

Beans

Re: The Post Your Desktop Thread

Awesome, worked like a charm. The temperature came out in Celsius even though it was actually in Fahrenheit. (There's no way its 49 C here haha)

Just changed an option in pogodynka.sh from C to F and everything looks good.

Thanks again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

FINALLY!!! After almost 2 whole days of searching i have managed to get ALMOST everything working...I just cant seem to get an icon (read as weather font letter) to appear with the temperature. I have weather installed and it still does not apply any sort of icon to the temperature for pogodynka.... Any one else with same problem or a solution?
    I refuse to be grouped in with "you" hackers. I am merely an uninvited, uncompensated, unpayed and undesired penetration tester of various networks and systems..........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Bump?
    I refuse to be grouped in with "you" hackers. I am merely an uninvited, uncompensated, unpayed and undesired penetration tester of various networks and systems..........

Beans

I have the same problem with the weather icon not showing up. I have the weather icon installed correctly and have checked the scripts but can't find the problem. Oh ya, I am getting the correct weather information printed though, just not the weather icon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Diz is my desktop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Thread seems to be on life support, but whatevs...

First one's the idle desktop, the second shows that sweet, sweet mintmenu on ubuntu, and the third shows what it looks like when i'm "working". Overall, I just wanted a pleasant and somewhat pro looking theme I could work with day-to-day that I wouldn't have to switch out at work, at a meeting, etc...

theme: Gruenstich (GTK and Emerald -- this is a great theme, like really)
    icons: ACYL (except for a few here and there, pretty comprehensive)

Firefox theme is "rein" with Tree Style Tabs and a little chrome tweakage...

Wallpaper is from a friend, but i'm pretty sure she didn't actually make it.

There're some great ones posted here, hope mine passes muster

EDIT: (oops! forgot to blur the 2nd one. Oh well...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xtnsgo; August 24th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Good looking desktops all around!

Sorry if this is a bit OT but most seem to favor object docks. Is it because of functionality or because it makes the desktop less cluttered?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by XanII View Post
    Good looking desktops all around!

Sorry if this is a bit OT but most seem to favor object docks. Is it because of functionality or because it makes the desktop less cluttered?
    Thanks!

As for the dock, I'd say it's a bit of both--I like how the functions of the taskbar, indicator applet, and workspace switcher can be merged into a tight, easy-to-see package. (I'm not really in to big, shiny docks.) I chose AWN because it retains all the functionality of the objects I replaced, and it was the easiest to customize to look understated, with a minimum of flashiness.

I used to use the DockBarX panel applet--which is also pretty great, but sometimes it was just too small (I like a thin panel).

Beans
    Distro

Well i dont wonder about the dock anymore. Installed cairo dock and started to configure around. I have tested docks last time some years ago and they were not stable or good at the time. It's entirely different story now!

Put together this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4046974_n.jpg

...With minimalism in mind. Ubuntu top and bottom menu bars are there but only visible if i go and click in the corners. The dock takes care of everything now.

Beans
    Distro

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast