Thread: Flash to WMV or AVI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Smile Flash to WMV or AVI

I was wondering if there was a converter to convert bulk Flash video like from youtube to convert back into AVI or WMV that can be viewed under ubuntu media player or under VLC so it could be watched on my laptop or my Ubuntu workstation that I have. Been trying to find one without success. I had found one but it goes from what can be read from avi or WMV to flash instead.

Beans

Re: Flash to WMV or AVI

Hi Compcore,

Quote Originally Posted by Compucore View Post
    I was wondering if there was a converter to convert bulk Flash video like from youtube to convert back into AVI or WMV that can be viewed under ubuntu media player or under VLC so it could be watched on my laptop or my Ubuntu workstation that I have.
    If you don't mind the commandline the best application for this would be FFmpeg. Mind you vlc should be able to play youtube videos with no trouble...

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Get 'WinFF' it does what u need

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I don't mind at all the command line at all I have been using the command line since the good old DOS days during the 80=90's at all I was just not sure if ffmpeg would do the same thing in reverse going from FLV to what format I need over here. I had seen a reply back about that in the group here. But I did not know if it work the other way like what I want to do. PLus I will be doing some bulk processing of some flv file back to the other formats I will try both over here to see which one will work for me.

Compucore
    Last edited by Compucore; August 2nd, 2009 at 08:14 PM.