Thread: Anyone use media hive (mhive)?

Beans

Anyone use media hive (mhive)?

Has anyone played around with media hive (mhive)?
    http://www.mhive.org/

Media hive is basically a streaming media application that allows you to stream music and video through a web browser using flash. The application looks very nice, but I have found close to zero information from people that actually use it...

Beans

Re: Anyone use media hive (mhive)?

Bump...one last shot. I'll post if I end up trying it out.

Beans

Yep, I have, it works great.

Some small flaws, but you can easily edit it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of mp3act. It's a tad bit more involved on the install but its not NEAR as bloated as mhive. It also has a random 50 playlist generator so if I dont want to waste time building playlist in huge catalogs, I can get music going nice and quickly.

I was not successful getting the embedded player going in mhive. To me, the best thing mhive had going for it was its ability to embed itself into other web pages.

mp3act, for me, has the simplest interface, best set of features (streaming and jukebox mode, download and upload, access by invitation, public and private playlists etc etc.), and with a mysql backend for its catalog, its tough to beat it for speed.

Its a bit of a dated project by todays standards (circa 2005 since its last update) but it just works so much better than any of the newer audio streaming tools out there that it hasn't really needed a lot of updating.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3act/
    Last edited by toupeiro; January 14th, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
    "Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech