Thread: Realplayer downloader

Beans

Realplayer downloader

Ive just moved to Ubuntu today. Got all the drivers in order, got my machine into the workgroup and all my permissions and everything are sorted.

However the one problem, and believe me this is a problem, I installed realplayer but it doesnt seem to download online videos... in Windows, realplayer does this very painfree (in the top right hand corner of the video a small box pops up which you click on).... If it was only youtube vids I would have nothing to worry about. But I need to get videos from literally hundreds of different sites.

Can anybody recommend a good replacment, or even how to get realplayer to work like the windows version. I tried wine. Its not working. And I know its not me because I successfully installed a few other programs with it earlier.

Im starting to consider a virtual machine - buts thats gonna be alot of hassle. Anyway. Any advice would greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Realplayer downloader

you dont need real player. when you wacth a video , you open file directory and open /tmp folder.
    in /tmp folder has got video.

Beans

Yeah seriously.... does that work for all sites..?? Just gonna check that out now. Thanks for the tip.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jason31 View Post
    Yeah seriously.... does that work for all sites..?? Just gonna check that out now. Thanks for the tip.
    perhaps, that work for all sites. but you know, in /tmz folder make a video files that it's .flv format
    And you must copy this .flv folder and paste another folder , before dont close the video web site. İf you close video web site , İn /tmz folder lost .flv folder
    Last edited by andydufy; July 30th, 2009 at 08:09 PM.

Beans

Yo man thanks alot. Just after testing and it seems to be working pretty well. Thanks alot, this is going to make life alot easier.

Beans
    Distro

not at all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Arrow Re: Realplayer downloader

install easy youtube downloader extension...works 1005...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10137
    --- I am what I am because of what we all are ----

Beans

I have used Download Helper and have gotten similar results as the MS realplayer version.
    HTML Code:
    http://www.downloadhelper.net/
    Personally, I have used realplayer for Linux and I do not liked it at all; VLC is probably my favorite alternative. You might want to also give mediaplayerconnectivity for firefox a try in addition to VLC.
    FYI
    Nero Linux is nothing like the MS version either.

Beans

I use Jdownloader for this because it let you choose de format and quality of the video, even convert it directly on mp3 but talking about folders temporally folder for flash videos in google chrome navigator is: "/home/(here goes user name)/.cache/google-chrome/Default/Cache", other browsers uses /tmp except chrome

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Old thread closed, please don't bump old threads.

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.