Thread: DNS issues

Beans

DNS issues[SOLVED]

I am trying to setup dns for my local network. The purpose of this setup is to allow all the machines on my network access the multiple websites I develop on my machine. Currently I have only a couple of webites that Im developing, and have them set up as virtual hosts in Apache2.

I would like to allow all the machines on my internal network be able to type the name of the site into a browser and have it come up. i.e. http://whateverwebsite.home.lan. I have already setup the virtual hosts and have verified they are working correctly.

I am having trouble with the DNS. I got it setup by reading a couple of tutorials, but the syntax is a bit confusing. Right now it works as long as only one website is enabled through a2ensite. The moment I enable another website, nothing works.

Im currently running Jaunty 64bit. Bind9 is installed and I have the resolv.conf file setup, the zone setup and the lookup and reverse lookup files created.

For reference I followed the tutorial here

Any ideas as to how I can get this to work?
    Last edited by nunki; July 30th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.

Beans

Re: DNS issues

This has been solved. One of the virtual host server names had an underscore in it. Apparantly bind doesnt like that. I renamed the virtualhost without the underscore, changed the corresponding A record and all is well