Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: change file time and date

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: change file time and date

Quote Originally Posted by Zill View Post
    I had a related problem when using mogrify to resize photos while still wishing to retain the original time/date stamp data.
    I *think* jhead might be of assistance in this kind of task. If you have the time, check out jhead.

I *think* that I need a date/time stamp editor that will let me scroll through and select the desired alterations. I would like this to work on any kind of file or even a folder.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dooley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edm1 View Post
    I believe Phatch is able to batch process images and metadata. Its in the repository.
    Yes, in the repository. Not particularly useful for my needs. Thanks though.
    Why not?
    Data stamping: You can write any combination of exif or iptc tags (date, time, aperture, shutter speed, … or other info) automatically on a collection of images.
    Source: http://photobatch.wikidot.com/faq

Re jhead I guess you will be back to scripting to do what you want. Not my area unfortunately!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yes, in the repository. Not particularly useful for my needs. Thanks though.
    Why not?
    Phatch will edit the metadata, not the file date/time stamp. Jhead, another photo "editor", will change a jpg file date/time stamp. However, one must use jhead a terminal command and then type in the time/date. I would like an easier to use GUI.

Thanks Zill.

See: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ideatorrent/idea/23505 where others also think a Nautilus control over time and date is a good idea.
    Last edited by Michael Dooley; April 13th, 2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Added brainstorm reference

Beans

If you are dead-set on finding a gui solution and aren't averse to installing KDE apps, KRename has a plugin which can change access and/or modification date and time on a selection of files. I use an older (4.03) version, so I assume recent versions maintain this plugin. The Krusader file manager also integrates/ uses KRename for its mult-rename function.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12