Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO: Partition a flash drive for LiveUSB and Windows accessable storage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Partition a flash drive for LiveUSB and Windows accessable storage

In this case unetbootin was installed on a windows machine and the flash drive was created in windows, proceedure is same when running unetbootin from Ubuntu.
    How old is the computer? I have an old one that mentions USB-ZIP in BIOS but it won't boot a flash drive. try the drive on a different computer. The flash drive should appear in Harddrives on a modern computer.
    I'm not sure what you are saying about menu list, I don't think there is one in a 'persistent' install, however a flash drive with a casper-rw partition on it should be able to store the changes when booting a Live CD, you just have to boot the CD as persistent. Home-rw partition stores the stuff that would be stored in home on a full install, casper-rw stores all the other changes.
    Last edited by C.S.Cameron; January 1st, 2010 at 02:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Partition a flash drive for LiveUSB and Windows accessable storage

ah. Fairly new bought in 09. Runs XP Emachines W3650. Menu.lst as in the GRUB menu list file.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12