Thread: Re-enable the Flurry screensaver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Smile Re-enable the Flurry screensaver

OK--so you "loved" the Flurry saver & was wondering where it went??

No, you're not blind--Flurry was cut during the last of the testing cycle for Intrepid due to video problems with--so far as I know--Intel systems.....

So you would really like Flurry back.....It's simple--I muct say up front that you "may" have video corruption problems---If that is the case--remove all the files & reboot. Wost case is that you use a LiveCD & remove the files from the outside. I can't promise that Flurry won't eat your computer, drink all your beer or be a general clot....

You're still here?

OK--D/L the Flurry.tar & untar it to your desktop. Look at how I have set up the structure--just install all 3 Flurry files in the SAME locations as you see them in the Flurry folder--You will need to have root permissions to do this, so do a gksudo nautilus to open a file manager window with root permissions....nav to the correct places & copy/paste the files in. You will need to either log out/in or reboot to have Flurry available to Gnome-Screensaver--give it a try & if all is well you should see the saver that Mac OSX is known for......

If you would really not want to go thru this to "just" get a saver to work--add a comment or check the "affects me too" area in the Wishlist bug report here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/406106

Closed Jaunty testing forum link: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1101120

Have fun & enjoy your "Flurry"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favourite lines from AVATAR
    Linux User#395230
    Ubuntu User# 13498