Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Get volume buttons to control PCM

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Get volume buttons to control PCM

    I recently updated to jaunty and I'm liking it so far, but I've one problem: I can't seem to get my volume buttons to control the PCM (they're controlling master volume). In previous versions, I was able to do this by going to System>Preferences>Sound and setting PCM as default there. However, in jaunty, PCM is no longer an option and all that appears is master. Anybody know a solution for this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    2,090
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    i don't know much about System>Preferences>Sound, never went there.

    you can control pcm from right clicking volume control and selecting "open volume control"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    Quote Originally Posted by inobe View Post
    i don't know much about System>Preferences>Sound, never went there.

    you can control pcm from right clicking volume control and selecting "open volume control"
    Yeah, but I'm trying to get my keyboard buttons to control the pcm instead of the master. Thanks for the input though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    2,090
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    you can try selecting another device from the drop down menu.

    remember the default device encase.


    i was able to bring up multiple selections selecting HDA intel (alsa mixer)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    Quote Originally Posted by inobe View Post
    you can try selecting another device from the drop down menu.

    remember the default device encase.


    i was able to bring up multiple selections selecting HDA intel (alsa mixer)
    Done that, but nothing about the keyboard controlling pcm. My sound is working perfectly, its just that I'm just trying to modify the channel that my keyboard volume buttons use.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    2,090
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    what happens after selecting pcm then going to keyboard shortcuts ?

    system> preferences> keyboard shortcuts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    Quote Originally Posted by inobe View Post
    what happens after selecting pcm then going to keyboard shortcuts ?

    system> preferences> keyboard shortcuts
    The thing is, going there allows me to change the volume only for the master channel, not pcm. I used to be able to modify this under system>preferences>sound before.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    2,090
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    it's working fine for me, i can successfully lower and raise pcm with my keyboard.

    >>click<<
    Last edited by inobe; April 24th, 2009 at 07:12 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM

    Quote Originally Posted by inobe View Post
    it's working fine for me, i can successfully lower and raise pcm with my keyboard.

    >>click<<
    Problem solved! Thanks for your help. I must've overlooked the options in system>preferences>sound the first time, as selecting the last option for the device gave me the list of channels to control.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    2,090
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Get volume buttons to control PCM


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •