Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ubuntu or osx leopard???

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: ubuntu or osx leopard???

You can dual boot easily. Two partitons. Install osx first then *buntu.
    I prefer kubuntu.

Osx86 runs fine on my system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Right, I would not abandon ubuntu. I guess I am thinking that if I buy a PC laptop it will only have ubuntu on it and if I buy a Macbook I will have Ubuntu on it, but primarily use OSX. So that is the decision I am trying to make.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by campbuds View Post
    I need another laptop. I am quite accustomed to Ubuntu and don't really use windows anymore. Some friends of mine made the jump to Macbooks and really like them a lot.

I have seen online where ubuntu can be installed on a Mac but I would like some input on Ubuntu vs OSX.
    Make a list of things you need/want a laptop to be capable of; take time, say a week, continue ammending to the list until your sure you've really got a complete list. Then start digging, who can do what, is application x as good or useful as applicaton y. Then go with the one that fits best.

I'm a bit of a Linux fanboy in my own life, but in others lives, I believe the best thing is to enable them to get their work/projects/leisure time going successfully. As has been mentioned, you always have the option of both, since you already have a "pc" style laptop. Or you could dual or even triple boot a Macbook, and have the ultimate solution, Linux, OSX, and MS Windows.

GL whichever way you go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12