Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vuze update/SWT library v3550

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Vuze update/SWT library v3550

I'm having a problem updating vuze too, but mine is telling me that /usr/share/vuze is read-only so it can't be modified. I've tried sudo chown v1nsai /usr/share/vuze then restarting but same problem. Everything seems to be working (NOW, been ******* with it for at least an hour >.< ) so I'm not too worried about it, but wanted to cast my lot with the rest of you guys having vuze update probs.

Beans

I had the same problem. I used the getdeb packaged and upgraded to vuze 4.2.0.2 and then the updates would throw up the SWT and core 4.2.0.8 packages. But it would be unable to apply the patch.

/usr/share/vuze is not writable was a problem, and the command

Code:
    sudo chown -R 777 /usr/share/vuze
    did NOT help the problem. Each time it would start and do the same update attempt again.

However, this command DID help and now vuze updates itself without trouble

Code:
    sudo java -cp ./plugins/azupdater/Updater.jar org.gudy.azureus2.update.Updater updateonly `pwd` ~/.azureus
    As an aside... I'm no fan of Vuze's graphical display. I like the azureus style simplicity better, and so for others who also prefer that -- go to the preferences > interface and then there is a choose UI option, that lets switch back to the classic view. you may have to enable advanced or expert preferences view for this, I'm not sure.

Hope that helps somebody.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I worked out the update when I noticed that I had both the azureus and vuze packages installed, coming from repos. Maybe I had both from an distro upgrade.
    I just did:
    dpkg --remove vuze
    dpkg --removed azureus
    aptitude install vuze
    Running vuze from bash i had a warning to change the /usr/share/vuze permission to enable updates.
    chmod 777 /usr/share/vuze
    After that I followed the vuze update procedure and worked nice.
    Hope it help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Try to reinstall this package

remove it, install it worked for me

libswt-gtk-3.5-java

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12