Thread: OxygenOffice

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

OxygenOffice

I have been having problems with VBA coding in a spreadsheet sent to me. I was given assistance in updating OOo to 3.1 but this did not solve the problem.

It was suggested that I look at OxygenOffice or Go-Oo but neither show up on Synaptic lists.

Can someone please advise what I need to do to download OxygenOffice in order that it works with Jaunty. From what I see Oxygen offers VBA support which I hope will solve my problem.

I work only with Jaunty and will need a walk through if a download does not automatically load.
    If you are here to drink to forget please pay in advance.

Intel Dual Core T2390 1.86Ghz; Intel GMA x 3100 graphics, Atheros AR242x802.11 a/b/g. 1GB RAM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: OxygenOffice

I am currently downloading from **** and will post up a How-To in this thread when I get round to installing

*** Only just noticed thats a download for windows...

will find another Download now.
    Last edited by madsmeg; July 27th, 2009 at 09:38 AM.
    <tronyx> "you should hire me to stare at your wireshark because i can spot a virus being downloaded in a compressed file over bit torrent at up to 600 kb/s"

Beans
    Hidden!

From what I have read here, Ubuntu uses Go-OO already. It is also stated in that article that not all VBA is supported and that it is still being worked on. I am unsure how to go about fixing your issue, but I think reading through the linked article may help you.
    <tronyx> "you should hire me to stare at your wireshark because i can spot a virus being downloaded in a compressed file over bit torrent at up to 600 kb/s"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

madsmeg

Many thanks for your reply. I tried looking for Go-OO in Synaptic but nothing showed.

I will hold off a bit and see if anything comes up. I will also see what googlubuntu comes up with.
    If you are here to drink to forget please pay in advance.

Intel Dual Core T2390 1.86Ghz; Intel GMA x 3100 graphics, Atheros AR242x802.11 a/b/g. 1GB RAM.