Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Not Charging

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Battery Not Charging

sdlynx, just curious, how old is the pc? and also, it doesnt really seem like something to contact hp about, only because you said it was working fine in windows for you. i could be wrong though. in the end i did try wine to flash my bios, but the .exe crashes just after it extracts and nothings gets done at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yeah I figured it wouldn't work.

my laptop is only about a month old actually. also, sometimes it actually does mess up on windows w/ the charging, but its much less, and I figure it'll be enough lol. They told me they'd send me a replacement =]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

thats good news! i hope the replacement works for you. please post back and let me know! cause if thats the case, i just might get a new one too

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

well i flashed my bios. it didnt help at all. just thought i'd let you know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yeah I figured, didn't help me either

did you use Windows? if you did, try to get the HP Battery Check and see what it says.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i already wiped windows. i dont think i'll put it back on. i could go back to intrepid, but i couldnt get a few things working right in it. its lame that jaunty works perfectly with all my hardware and software except the battery. if it werent for that, i mght say its better than the compatibility with windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yeah that sucks

Beans

my laptop is also HP-dv5
    i have been the same problem.

my battery works perfectly in windows Vista

but i donot know what happened top it now wont charge in ubuntu 9.10(which is used to)

HP people won't listen as battery work fine in VISTA .when fully charged(by either switching off or working in vista ) it give 1:15 backup in Ubuntu too.

what the problem ??
    please help

Beans

Dawei87
    method of putting batt back while in operation does the trick for now.

but lets come up with more practical solution .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by vipulgolchha View Post
    my laptop is also HP-dv5
    i have been the same problem.

my battery works perfectly in windows Vista

but i donot know what happened top it now wont charge in ubuntu 9.10(which is used to)

HP people won't listen as battery work fine in VISTA .when fully charged(by either switching off or working in vista ) it give 1:15 backup in Ubuntu too.

what the problem ??
    please help
    I could really only narrow the problem down to overheating, because the seemed to be the reason why at least my laptop wouldn't charge. Try placing the laptop in a cool and letting it charge.

Otherwise, try to cash in on a warranty if you have it. I got my battery replaced, and all they require is that you run the battery checking software, which, if you get lucky, will report that your battery is failing (try running it while on battery power or something hah). Every once in a while the battery check would report failure, and I just screenshotted it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast